Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

uncleMonty

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 8, 2012
It often happens that after I put my 2012 MBA (8 GB RAM, 10.7.4) to sleep by shutting the case, when I open it up again either all open windows have been banished to the edges ("Show desktop"), or I'm in Mission Control. And for a frustrating few seconds, my 4-finger swipe doesn't do anything to bring everything back. Does this happen to anyone else?

While I'm at it, I might also say I'm disappointed in the track pad on this computer. It often "makes mistakes", like it stops scrolling even though I'm still moving two fingers, or it detects a phantom 3rd finger and goes to the page top or the end of the page, though I haven't got a 3rd finger anywhere near the pad. I wouldn't complain except my 2009 17" MBP running 10.5.8 is *perfect* in doing just what I expect it to with my gestures, so I know it's possible for a trackpad to interpret flawlessly. How about you guys? Maybe I have a slightly off-kilter machine?

Saturn1217

macrumors 65816
Apr 28, 2008
Having EXACTLY the same experience with my 2012 MBA with both the waking from sleep show desktop issue and also the trackpad not being as accurate as my old 2009 MBP (not horrible but not as perfect as the old one).

I just updated to 10.8.3 hoping it would fix the issue but no luck and then I googled and your post was the first thing that popped up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.