after synced iphone, app disappeared

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by KhuntienNang, Apr 19, 2009.

1. macrumors member

im not too familar with itunes, so i dont know if i did anything wrong.

i wanted to upgrade my firmware (iphone 3g, currently on 2.2 firmware, jailbroken), so first i did was to back up my iphone. and fyi, i have just bought a new computer (windows), no previous backups or songs or anything on this comp, it's a clean slate, and i have just downloaded itunes, authorized it to recognize this comp and everything.

when i synced it, itunes kept asking me if i want to replace my iphone with data from the itunes, which was empty of course. is that normal?

so anyway, i went ahead and synced it, hoping the datas from my iphone would sync TO itunes instead, not the other way round. looks like it did as i hoped. the problem is, i noticed at least 1 app went missing, which happens to be an app that i paid for. it's not on my newly itunes backup, and it has also been wiped out from my iphone. curiously, all my other recently installed apps are okay.

i dont know if i should reinstall that app and pay for it one more time, then maybe claim back with apple (asumming i can still find my receipt), or how should i go around it.

but in any case, how do you actually back up your stuff properly using itunes without having such problem?

2. macrumors 6502a

jmccullough108

In iTunes, click the applications tab once your iphone is connected, click "Sync all applications".

3. thread starter macrumors member

i did.

but the app is already gone. its not on the itunes either.

4. macrumors 6502a

jmccullough108

just use the same account and re-purchase, you won't be charged.

5. thread starter macrumors member

thanks!

i have another related problem. so, after i restored to new firmware, and jailbroke it again with quickpwn like what i always did, i noticed several apps are still not back, but i believe they are installed because i saw some of them under my iphone > settings and in my itunes app backup.

fyi, i installed an app called categories from cydia before the new firmware upgrade, and i realize most of the apps that disappears are those that i stored inside these categories folders.

i did a little google, seems like this is a common problem. and saw someone posted a solution by installing poof or something from cydia. but the problem is, my cydia is missing (it was inside a folder before).

what should i do?

6. macrumors newbie

A lot of my apps have dissapeared from itunes and won't install on my iphone (did a reset). I know I can download them from itunes for free, but it is about 100 of them so it will take a lot of time to find them again in the app store.. Is there a way to easily download all purchased apps? A "download all purchased items" button or a list of all purchased items in itunes?

Thanks.
    GT