After WWDC announcement, should I?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by luispl, Jun 17, 2013.

1. macrumors newbie

May 28, 2013

After wwdc announcement with IOS 7, should I wait for next Iphone 5s or buy the current Iphone 5?

I'm currently using Iphone 3GS, but I'm a bit hesitant to buy the current Iphone 5. Worried that the new one will have bigger screen, camera, etc.

Pleas I need some advice:confused:
  2. macrumors regular

Nov 17, 2012
    No one knows what's actually going to be upgraded on 5s at this stage. However, based on experience from previous years. You should expect the same design (ie. unlikely to have a bigger screen) with better camera and processor. Buying a new iphone 5 off eBay now is cheaper as it has been out for a while. If you are planning to sign up a contract with a carrier for two years, you might wanna wait.
  3. macrumors 6502

Feb 3, 2008
    If committing to a two year contract, I would try and wait at this point unless you have to replace your phone now.
  4. macrumors 65832

Aug 17, 2011
    Why not just wait. Its not that long before the announcement, and within just a few short months you, and all the rest will see the improvements. The screen will not be larger, but we believe the camera will be improved some what, the cpu will be improved, iOS 7 of course, not to mention a possible, but not guaranteed, fingerprint reader.

If your current phone is still working, be patient. If not, than either get the 5 or flip phone to hold you over.
  5. macrumors 6502

Jul 9, 2008
    I'm in a similar situation, I would say wait if you can. Like others have said it's unlikely to change that much but still... :)
  6. macrumors 68040

Jul 7, 2010
    Bay Area
    It took Apple 5 years to come out with a bigger screen. I doubt you'll see an iPhone with a bigger screen anytime soon.
  7. macrumors 6502

Jul 24, 2010
    i'm going for an 5S (the best looking phone ;o) ) And then i leave Android behind, switched to android after iPhone 4, but sick of Android!

Anyways, looking forward with iOS7 beta news, beta 2 in like 1 week!

5S will arrive in September i'd guess, right in time when iOS 7 going live, thats my guess.
  8. macrumors newbie

Jun 13, 2013
    Don't worry. A bigger screen doesn't happen till next year.
  9. macrumors 68030

Mar 25, 2011
    the 5s will have wifi ac that would be worth the wait.
  10. macrumors 6502

Jun 12, 2009
    The iPhone 5 is a great device. You would be more than happy with it coming from a 3GS. My opinion is if your 3GS is still working fine for you, you should wait. The next iPhone will most likely be announced and released this fall. Sept/Oct time frame is only a few months away.
  11. macrumors 6502a

Oct 30, 2007
    I went from an iPhone 4 to a 5, and the differences were amazing. Going from a 3GS to an iPhone 5 will blow your mind.
  12. macrumors 65816

Jan 15, 2012
    Absolutely wait. In a few months, you can either get the 5s for what you are about to buy the 5 for, or you can get the 5 cheaper then you are about to buy it for.

Best of all, the 5s will be out, so you will know you have bought the right one, whichever way you go!
  13. macrumors 65816

Jun 29, 2008
    Just wait only a few month away versus kicking yourself for 2 years that you didn't wait.
  14. macrumors 68000

Apr 24, 2013
    New Orleans
    Id say wait, either the 5S is a lot better and you get that one. Or you can get the 5 for cheaper if the 5S isnt worth it.