Aftermarket Softwear for Powerbook

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Tanamerra, Jul 22, 2004.

1. Tanamerra macrumors newbie

Recent switcher and love my 15" G4 Powerbook. Watch a lot of DVD's while traveling to and from Asia. Does anyone know of any softwear that will allow me to watch DVD's full screen without the annoying black bars ont ehtop and bottom or on the sides?

Have had the G4 Powerbook for 2 months and it has worked perfectly from day 1 without a single problem or crash.

Tanamerra

2. 7on macrumors 601

7on

Should just be able to zoom in one step with Apple's DVD player. True you'll loose the sides of the video - but that is what full screen is.

EDIT: sorry thought you meant to watch widescreen in 4:3 ratio. The black bars will be there. Tops and bottom for 16:9 movies and on the sides for 4:3. Not anymore annoying than watching widescreen movies on a 4:3 TV.

3. Tanamerra thread starter macrumors newbie

Aftermarket softwear for Powerbook DVD playback

7on,
    Thanks for the feeback. Understand about the differnt aspect ratio's. Just thought there might be DVD playback softwear around that would allow full screen playback or a way to zoom to fill the screen like a can on my home DVD player. On my IBM lappy i can zoom to fill the screen when watching a wide screen DVD movie.