Age of Empires II problem

Discussion in 'Games' started by Powerbook G5, Dec 15, 2003.

1. Powerbook G5 macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

In the past few days I have noticed the strangest bug/problem with Age of Empires II. For some reason, whenever I play the computer, it won't attack me or build any buildings besides watch towers. Even on the hardest difficulty setting and despite the game type, no matter how many games I play, the computer just won't build anything besides what is included with the map at the start of the game and won't make any military buildings, units, etc. All it does is build more villagers and build watch towers from time to time. It's really annoying since now I can't play any challenging games with the computer since I can end up defeating it in a matter of moments with only a few knights. Has anyone experienced this problem before? Any ideas what happened?

2. Shekky_ca macrumors newbie

What Version are you using?
    I've never had this kind of problem before and it could be the version. I've played alot of AoEII in the past that I really only play Standard Games.

Also what game type have you been playing it could also be that too...

3. Powerbook G5 thread starter macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

I have version 1.0.5, which I believe is the latest version. I've tried playing it on Death Match, Regicide, Defend the Wonder, Random Map/Turbo random map, standard, conquest, etc. None of them seem to work. I start the game and play it for as long as I get bored of sitting there waiting for the computer to make some sort of move and attack their base only to find they don't have a single military unit or line of defense besides a wall and a few watch towers.

4. Shekky_ca macrumors newbie

have you tried reinstalling the game?

And what difficulty setting have you been playing on?

Also It has come to my attention that I did experience this in another game built on the same game engine...

I got this problem in Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds...

It might be the game engine or something but once it rarely happened for me...

5. Powerbook G5 thread starter macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

I was playing on hardest difficulty but then tried going to normal and moderate to see if it were just a bug with the hardest setting, but it didn't help. I was hoping not to reinstall since it took a really long time for it to install the first time, but I might have to anyway because it's getting annoying.

6. Shekky_ca macrumors newbie

Yes try reinstalling it...

The Game I hate installing is Red Faction...

It took me almost a half an hour to install the game...

7. Powerbook G5 thread starter macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

I remember Rainbow 6 on the PC taking about that long to install, as well. Well I will reinstall today and see if that works, thanks for the tips.