Age of Empires III on the MBP

Discussion in 'Games' started by jsnoah, Jan 24, 2007.

1. jsnoah macrumors member

jsnoah

Bought it today and runs awesome! I only ran into issue with EXPOSE> Everytime I tried to scroll diagonally up either way, it went EXPOSE on me. I can just change that though. Other than that, no chop at all! Great sound too!

2. poppe macrumors 68020

poppe

Just FYI to any users. Mac AOE3 and PC AOE3 are not compatible. Pretty much pointless in anyway to buy the Mac version unless thats the only people you want to play... very unsatisfied with my purchase for this fact....

3. yoda13 macrumors 65816

yoda13

Unfortunately, that is a common problem with many Mac versions of games over the years....Though I have never really had a problem with it, it can still be frustrating at times...:eek:

4. poppe macrumors 68020

poppe

Oh I know but this game's best feature is the online play... the single player gets old real quick especially when you beat the story mode...

5. yoda13 macrumors 65816

yoda13

I love a good multi player option too...really extends the life of any game that is conducive to it...

6. mattmack macrumors 6502a

mattmack

Age of empires has never been cross platform compatible due mainly to microsofts use of directplay. Most other TCP/IP based games are unfortunately it does take the fun out of AOE :(
    It is listed on the box as only mac multiplay compatible though caveat emptor