OS X Age of Empires III

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by wizzywig27, Dec 29, 2012.

1. macrumors regular

Hi all

Got Diablo 3 today for £19.99 which I think was a steal.

Anyway I am also looking for Age of Empires 3 but after searching it would appear it is not readily available only and the ones that are are almost £40, does anyone know if you can download a copy?

2. lightz39, Dec 29, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2012

macrumors regular

Steam has the complete collection for $20. Windows only of course.

Edit: Found the mac version for $9 on Amazon.

Spoiler alert: Any amount of money spent on Diablo 3 is a rip off. Stick to Diablo 2.

3. macrumors regular

I bought Diablo 3 when it came out for $59.99 + tax, I indeed felt ripped off when I found out, that PC games can not be re-sold after beating them. At least it gave me a game to throw at my new iMac, and I still think it's quite fun actually ; ) For 19.99 GBP it's a good deal I would say though.

4. macrumors 65816

iMacFarlane

Phaselocking Psychos somewhere on Pandora
    Uh . . . where? Amazon searches resulted in several results, all $125+ (???).

Could you post the URL of your $9 AOE3 for the Mac? And is it universal binary, or dead to Lion+ (no rosetta)?

Thanks!

5. macrumors 6502a

(Metamorphosing near) Staffs, 51st State.
    Indeed. Hard to imagine you'd find a boxed copy these days even remotely that cheap. Best bet seems eBay.

At time of writing a copy of AoE 3 without box or manual going for a bid of $8.75 + $11.60 postage, though that bid likely to rise.

www.ebay.com/itm/Age-of-Empires-III...9758?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item337ec82bee

AoE 3 will work on Lion, unlike sadly AoE 2, which doesn't due to loss of Rosetta compatibility. GL!

6. macrumors member

Can this be bought digitally anywhere? I already own the PC version on Steam and just want the native version.

7. macrumors 6502

Janichsan

I'm afraid not. MacSoft, who did the port, appear to be pretty much defunct.