Age Of Empires

Discussion in 'Games' started by mbopy22, Dec 19, 2005.

1. mbopy22 macrumors 6502

mbopy22

Where can I buy AOE for Mac???:confused:

I love this game and I've been a PC user since like for ever... but I turned to the bright side a month ago, the only thing that I miss from PC is AOE.... :eek: where on the web can I buy it for Mac???? :confused:

Is there a version for Mac of AOE 3???? :confused:

2. ColoJohnBoy macrumors 65816

ColoJohnBoy

If you mean the original Age of Empires, I have no idea. You used to be able to download it for free off versiontracker.com or download.com, but neither of them carry it any longer. AOEII is still for sale at Apple retail stores, on their website, or really any store that sells Mac software. As for AOEIII, no word yet on when it'll be out for Mac, but is it isn't yet out for Windows, I wouldn't count on it til the end of next year.

3. Kimi macrumors regular

AOE III is out now, It's been out ages. I've just finished playing a game of it too.

4. dan-o-mac macrumors 6502a

dan-o-mac

So what are your thoughts, is it better than AOE II?

5. mbopy22 thread starter macrumors 6502

mbopy22

I must assume it's on PC right???

Where can I get AOEII + Conqueors for Mac?? I've played both and won both in PC, I want to try it in my iBook now... :D

6. ColoJohnBoy macrumors 65816

ColoJohnBoy

Oh my, you're right. I just checked cNet and saw it was released it October - I was under the impression it wasn't coming out until next year. In any case - aside from the graphics, have many improvements been made? I love AOEII but it's feeling a bit tired now.

7. iriejedi macrumors 6502a

iriejedi

AOE II Gold

Funny you posted this over the weekend I just restarted playing AOE II - I know it is not AOE I but as best I know it is the only version for the Mac

This is the AOE II Gold.

May not be what you were looking for but it is where I bought mine since you asked...:rolleyes:

http://www.gogamer.com/cgi-bin/GoGamer.storefront/SESSIONID/Product/View/001AGEOGM

8. iriejedi macrumors 6502a

iriejedi

I'm so lame - I'm not playing AOE.. should I be?

After my attempt to be helpful.... with a link to a $29 AOE Gold for mac site...

I realized I am playing Rise of Nations not AOE II - so given that... how do those two games compare?

just curious.

Sorry to kinda hijack your AOE thread.:p

9. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

You ever play on Zone.com?

I play under the alias of Lacero. :D

Here's to the Crazy Ones [​IMG]

10. mbopy22 thread starter macrumors 6502

mbopy22

Nope I've never played on line.. always alone, (in the dark.. jaja lol)

iriejedi

I've never played Rise of Nation, so I do not know how they compare, actually the only game I like in computers is AOE I and II... for any other game I have my PS2... which I haven't touch much latelly except for this past weekend when I bought Episode III and won it in 2 days.. it is just addictive... I always liked the jedis, but know that I know the truly POWER of the DARKSIDE I prefer to be a SITH LORD...

11. cubist macrumors 68020

Rise of Nations is IMHO the best RTS there is. Some of the mechanics are the same as AOE2, but it introduces many new concepts such as territory, espionage, diplomacy and an improved economic model.

AOE3, by contrast, is gameplay-wise just a small update to AOE2 with concepts from the game Colonization. It does have very nice graphics, especially explosions, and a little better unit-advances. But the other additions are a little odd and not particularly exciting.

Rise of Legends is coming and takes RTS into an Age of Mythology-like direction, which doesn't excite me very much either. Graphics look to be very nice, sure. But so what?

12. mbopy22 thread starter macrumors 6502

mbopy22

So tell me more about this Rise of Nations? in which time period does it start and what's the latest time period? I've seen some screenshots and saw some airplanes??:confused:

Anyway, I already won AOE I and II with their respective extensions in PC, and I assume they are the same game in Mac, so I'll probably buy Rise of Nations.. but I want to know more about it first... :p

13. dan-o-mac macrumors 6502a

dan-o-mac

QUOTE=mbopy22]So tell me more about this Rise of Nations? in which time period does it start and what's the latest time period? I've seen some screenshots and saw some airplanes??:confused:

Anyway, I already won AOE I and II with their respective extensions in PC, and I assume they are the same game in Mac, so I'll probably buy Rise of Nations.. but I want to know more about it first... :p[/QUOTE]

If you love Jedis you should be playing Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds. It's a Star Wars RTS based on the AoE II engine. Even though you beat AoE II you should play online that's when the real fun begins! Here's a pic of Battlegrounds.

[​IMG]

14. mbopy22 thread starter macrumors 6502

mbopy22

If you love Jedis you should be playing Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds. It's a Star Wars RTS based on the AoE II engine. Even though you beat AoE II you should play online that's when the real fun begins! Here's a pic of Battlegrounds.

[​IMG][/QUOTE]

HEY THANKS!!!

The reason I don't play online is because my internet conection is dial up... and I have a internet conection through my cellphone as well but is limeted to 50mb per month.. :( :( :( and DSL and or WI FI conections are very expensive in my country if you want to have them at home... :mad: :(

15. Kimi macrumors regular

AOE III is OK. And nothing thing else. The fact it's an Age of Empires game is the only reason I'm playing it. If it was another title I would have gotten rid of it. The graphic really do look great, but my PC only has a Nivida 6600 in it, I think a 6800GT is the min for the top graphics, and that can cost over £130, not worth it.

I've also picked up Rise of Nations the other week. It's old and 2D, but I really love the game mechanics it uses for everything. I want to see how the new game from the same guys goes called Rise of Legends. The Screen shots look damn nice, and going by RoN, it'll be great.