Age of Empires

Discussion in 'Games' started by mms, Oct 11, 2003.

1. mms macrumors 6502a

Is AoE for Mac pretty much the same as the Windows version or is it modified? And I've heard that you can't play LAN games with Windows and Macs. Does anybody know if they are planning to include that in another version?

2. ColoJohnBoy macrumors 65816

ColoJohnBoy

Same version - nothing in the gameplay is changed or different. As far as the cross-latform LAN gaming goes, I haven't had a single problem - I am running the 1.0.5 update, so perhaps it wasn't supported on earlier builds (?)

3. Daveman Deluxe macrumors 68000

Daveman Deluxe

Colo:

When did that update come out? I would love to be able to waste my friend in AoE II over the lan with his PC and my iBook.

Can I play over the Internet with PC users on my Mac too?

4. mms thread starter macrumors 6502a

I don't know of any cross-platform playing in any of the updates. Are you sure about this? Where can I get the updates? I'm assuming these are updates for AoE II.

5. Golem macrumors 6502

Well 5 seconds typing on versiontracker.com game me. Age of Empires II 1.05

Hope its better than 1.01/1.0 as I gave up after 2 weeks from frustration at the crashes.

Age of Mythology soon yay:)

6. alphaone macrumors 6502

Sorry, but I don't think that you can't play cross-platform in the AOE2 engine. It's a microsoft thingy. Maybe in AOM.

/me hopes.

7. ColoJohnBoy macrumors 65816

ColoJohnBoy

Okay, nevermind. I thought one of the people I play with was on a PC but I checked with him, and he's on a 12" iBook. Sorry for any confusion....