Age of Mythology Error PLEASE help

Discussion in 'Games' started by iZzle, Apr 8, 2005.

1. iZzle macrumors member

hi, i was trying to play age of mythology, but i got this error. :( anyone knwo what i can do to fix it?

[​IMG]

2. pgc6000 macrumors 6502a

OpenGl graphics card, or whatever it's called?

3. iZzle thread starter macrumors member

huh? i know it used to work. i played it a lot this past winter so i dont know what it could be. :confused:

4. Soulstorm macrumors 68000

Soulstorm

5. iZzle thread starter macrumors member

i reinstalled. i guess trying to repair permissions next...you mean just of the hard drive in disk utility?

6. Soulstorm macrumors 68000

Soulstorm

yes. let us know how it goes. Also, I would like to know what system version are you using, and what are your software specs. Maybe it will help. In addition, what version of Age of mythology are you using?

7. iZzle thread starter macrumors member

1.5 GHz
    512 RAM
    i think its the ati radeon 9700, i know it has 128 mb vram.
    I'm not aure hwo exactly to find out what card i have.
    [​IMG]

I downloaded the only 10.3.x driver there was on ati.com but it says is not supposed to include 9700. i hope its worng =) anyway. any help is appreciated!

8. applekid macrumors 68020

There is a patch, just in case you need it: http://macgamefiles.com/detail.php?item=18080

Any hardware or software installed/updated recently? I suspect a clean install of the system is what you need, unfortunately. But, let's keep that as a last resort for now.

Are you having trouble with any other games?

9. iZzle thread starter macrumors member

Yep, i downloaded and installed the patch earlier, but since then i also reinstalled the game. So im going to re-patch and be hopeful =| Ugh i hope i wont have to do a clean install. I could manage, the biggest problem id have is my music, but dont you think i could keep some library file with it so id have the same playlists and ratings etc? I havent added anything to my computer. I play World of Warcraft all the time and it works fine, and WC3. Thanks again.

I repatched, and when i open AoM it still quits and then gives me that box up there ^

10. applekid macrumors 68020

If you do an Archive and Clean Install (the option that lets you keep User settings, but does a Clean Install) that should leave your music alone, correct?

Before you do a Clean Install, are you sure your CD is not damaged? Any visible scratches (major ones, that is)?

Also, be sure to e-mail MacSoft.

11. iZzle thread starter macrumors member

I don't know if it would leave my music. No, it's not damaged. Ive been using a disk image until the last time i tried to install with the disc and i got the same error. I'm going to email MacSoft tonight, and most likely wait to see what they say before doing any system reinstallation. thanks!