Age of Mythology: The Titans?

Discussion in 'Games' started by pgc6000, Aug 29, 2004.

1. pgc6000 macrumors 6502a

Okay, so I finnaly got to play AOM: The Titans on a PC (of course) and I loved it! The Titans and the Atlanteans are a nice touch. But, do you guys know if The Titans will be on the Mac and when? I sent an email to MacSoft, but I want to know if you guys know anything. Thanks

2. seamuskrat macrumors 6502a

seamuskrat

Sadly, I have heard nothing about this expansion. Usually www.insidemacgames.com has a decent collection of future releases as announced by the game companies. AOM: expansions are not listed.
    Considering the time lag to get the original AOM, I would speculate we have 12 to 14 more months to wait.

3. JOD8FY macrumors 6502a

JOD8FY

I have AOM: Titans for my PC and I love it! Do you think that this game might run okay on VPC 7? That would be nice...

JOD8FY

4. applekid macrumors 68020

I'd question the sales figures for AoM. Didn't sound like many people bought it. I only saw like one game at a time on GameRanger. Keep buying copies and hope that MacSoft sees that's it's worth it! :)

Westlake did the port of AoM. There are three secret projects still listed (two still at FC after about a month or two at the same status! :mad: ), so try praying that one of them turns out to be AoM:Titans.

5. pgc6000 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hmmmm yeah I got the email back from MacSoft. They said that they don't have any plans yet. But as for the GameRanger thing, AOM has grown in popularity. There are often 6 AOM game at a time. I'm surprised it isn't very popular though. After the success with AOE II, you'd think it would fly off the shelves. But maybe it will grow in popularity in a year or two.

6. Anarchy99 macrumors 6502

i herd you could install it on a pc and transfer the expan files and put them in the proper folder like with the majority of games for mac that only pcs have expans

7. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Can anyone confirm this? Anybody actually tried it?

8. applekid macrumors 68020

I'm pretty sure there's still a separate app for AoM:Titans.

Well, AoM is growing popular on GameRanger... Maybe in a few months. I'm hoping around the holidays. I remember it was around this time last year Halo and AoM were released. So, maybe an expansion will come soon enough...

9. pgc6000 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I remember when I started playing back much earlier this year. I was lucky if there were two AOM games at once. Now it's big. I play it all the time on GR (By the way if anyone wonders what my username is on GR it's iPat)