Age of the Empires 3

Discussion in 'Games' started by Monsanto-Man, Nov 2, 2005.

1. macrumors newbie

Monsanto-Man

Does anyone know when Age of the Empires 3 will be available for OS X??? Thanks.

2. macrumors 6502a

That would be pretty sweet if/when they make a port. Age of Empires II was awesome!

3. macrumors 6502a

jamdr

Unfortunately, it will likely never be ported to the Mac because it uses the havoc physics engine (which isn't available on the Mac).

4. macrumors 6502a

blueflame

i loved empire earth

its probably my most missed game
    on the mac
    andreas

5. macrumors 68020

pknz

What he said, Havoc engine not going to happen.

Empire Earth is not AOEIII

6. macrumors regular

but both Empire Earth and AoE are SWEEEEEET games

i lost many hours with both franchises

7. thread starter macrumors newbie

Monsanto-Man

Info

Thanks for the info, leave it to Microcrash to incorporate the havoc physics engine...

8. macrumors 65816

cantthinkofone

i played the demo of AOE III when i had my windows comp still around a few weeks ago, and i must say it wasn't that great. Yea it looked dam good, but it just wasn't fun. Id take AOE II over III any day. Just my opinion.

9. thread starter macrumors newbie

Monsanto-Man

Not that great.

The graphics look stunnning indeed. What specifically is lacking in AE III. Thanks.

10. macrumors 65816

cantthinkofone

i had the demo, and one thing i noticed right off was the mouse scrolling was VERY jumpy. You had to throw your mouse on the edge of the screen to move it. I dont really know how to explain it but it just wasn't that fun. I didn't get the feeling that i had a huge army and or navy and could destroy any thing in my path.

The demo maps went very big, and the home city idea is good, but i dont really like it. The icons for buildings, and units are kinda confusing. What i thought i was training didn't come out what i thought it would be, and didn't seem very powerful. A devision of archers in AOE II was the best offense i know of, but a devision of musketeers didn't seem that powerful.

I think its out now isn't it? If so it should be out for macs soon, will have to play the final release demo to see if i like it better. I think its personal opinion for this one.