Aggravation with Apple Store

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by jds3266, Jul 27, 2006.

1. jds3266 macrumors newbie

The Apple Store in Woodfield Mall (Illinois) contacted me a week ago to inform me that my request had gone through and that they would be replacing my current laptop. Eagerly I have waited for the arrival of my new Macbook. I was informed that it should be here this week and wouldn't take any longer then a week to get here. And yet I'm still waiting? I called on Monday thinking okay three days (not including weekends) to get here from Corporate should be enough time, not here yet. I called Tuesday thinking okay 4 days is more then plently, not here yet but should be in tomorrow or Thursday at the latest. I skipped calling yesterday, thought they would call me plus I couldn't pick it up then. But I do call today, not only is it not here yet they don't have a tracking number or anything else to tell me that it's even coming. I can tell by their tone that I should really stop calling every day, but why then are they giving me innacurate ETA? Do they not think I'll keep checking if my new computer is in?

When I asked if they had any in stock they could give me, I was told that replacements have to come from Corporate. This also does not make sense, why would a replacement have to come from Corporate?

Frustrations and Aggravations abound.

Jeff

2. MongoTheGeek macrumors 68040

MongoTheGeek

Its not so much where you are as when you are.
    Thats why accountants are the second ones up against the wall when the revolution comes. :) We need them to make sure we got the lawyers but beyond that...

3. jds3266 thread starter macrumors newbie

funny

I am actually a law school student about to pursue my CPA exam. Seriously

4. MongoTheGeek macrumors 68040

MongoTheGeek

Its not so much where you are as when you are.

:eek:
    Does that mean I have to explain it 3 times :D

5. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Replacements probably just come alone in a box, as you already have the cables and such.

6. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Nope, just route the answer through an offshore company.

7. iAlan macrumors 65816

iAlan

You can hope that an update in about to be announced and you may get one as there are none of the originals left....now that would be worth waiting for!

8. jds3266 thread starter macrumors newbie

That's the weird thing, this is a complete swap out for an iBook, so I don't have the cables, documentation or anything else. They are going to litterally have to give me everything anew as I give them my old iBook. (Don't ask the particulars long drawn out story involving a goat, a gnome and Harry Potter: okay so that part isn't true but still don't ask)

9. jds3266 thread starter macrumors newbie

Like clockwork I just got an email with my fed ex shipping number. Nothing to complain about anymore!!! =)