Ah, MySpace... a power outage in the data center....

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by amateurmacfreak, Jul 22, 2006.

1. amateurmacfreak macrumors 6502a

amateurmacfreak

So, looks like MySpace is down. And yes, I admit, I noticed it. And had lots of friends who noticed it. Including a member here who famously said on AIM, "Is MySpace being a stupid ho to you?"
    I giggle imagining the millions of disconcerted people, obviously mainly teenagers, in the US, sighing at their computer with nothing to do but maybe AIM, going off to maybe.... read a book! Well, only if they have summer reading, of course... ;) Otherwise, they will go and get a snack and go and sit in front of the TV. Sounds like a plan. A good ol' American plan.
    So, maybe I'm being harsh. I just find it funny when MySpace screws up.
    Although... it is starting to get annoying... Of course, somewhere deep inside of me, buried, trying to not come out, is that stereotypical teenage MySpace, just dying to leave someone that comment about something...
    Ah, love.
    Look at the screenshot and you'll see why a lot of teenagers will be playing Pac-Man online tonight....
    Sorry if this post is annoying, but... I felt like posting it, and I found it to be... in some remote way... interesting to see how people respond?? :eek:

Attached Files:

2. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

oh.. I thought myspace was just broken because it was crap.
    I got the ol' "unexpected error" one.

ZOMG I CAN'T gET ON MYSPAEC THE WORLD IS OVERRrrr.

It'll do the users of the site good. fracking addicted teenagers.

I realize the irony of me saying this because I AM a teenager going to myspace, but I already have an addiction.. her name is sweet lady MacRumors.. I check myspace once a day or so.. it's the only email-type thing my friend who is out of the country has access to. :(

Attached Files:

3. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

YES!!! I finally pulled the right plug! :D

...I know, stupid joke. :eek:

4. amateurmacfreak thread starter macrumors 6502a

amateurmacfreak

Nah, I chuckled. I admit it. :eek: :p :D

5. amateurmacfreak thread starter macrumors 6502a

amateurmacfreak

Yeah... I really am too connected to MySpace for my own good probably. But I don't spend time on it if I'm not actually doing something.
    And I totally realize the irony for me too.
    But, I don't think I'm as bad as some... don't think... ;)

6. xPismo macrumors 6502a

xPismo

Its WOW for no gamers.

7. DMPDX macrumors 6502

It's still out. 10:33 PM PST here (where I believe the servers are located?)
    -dsm

8. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

lmao that is very true!
    This comment made me laugh. My first thought was, "yes, your space is being a stupid ho." It was funny in my head, trust me!

While at ComicCon I was talking to the dude that created Fairly Odd Parents and he mentioned this new project they're doing. He said I could put a link to the episode on my site and I said I could if I remember to do that. He said "oh myspace is easy and hits a lot of people." He assumed I had myspace of course. When I told him I did not he laughed and said you're one of probably a dozen people here that does not...I laughed and said...I am also one of a dozen people here who didn't dress up like someone from the Anime Channel either.

You had to be there.

9. Coolnat2004 macrumors 6502

Coolnat2004

It's annoying. You know they're out partying with their millions of dollars and they're not gonna fix it until Monday.... pfft

10. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

Too bad it wont stay down, MySpace sucks.. eat **** and die Fox :D

Ed

11. trishw2006 macrumors newbie

look at the current message i'm getting from myspace

Attached Files:

12. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

Awww...poor little myspacers! They must be soooo sad. :(

*wicked cackle*

wait...

*remembers frustration when WoW servers would crash*

*remembers WoW addiction*

*feels pity*

13. FrankieTDouglas macrumors 65816

I noticed it earlier.

I also noticed that my website server went out around the exact same time, and came back around the same time.

I'm now wondering if the two instances are somehow related.

14. ipacmm macrumors 65816

ipacmm

I could just see that, I was at the business lounge before my flight and all of the computers were taken (I had my MBP) and some girl was all stressed out because all the computers were taken and like 10 mins later she had a computer..the way she was acting seemed like she had something important to do...5 second later I hear music and she is busy posting on myspace...

15. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Noticed this earlier, didn't think it was that big of a deal. Wondered why no one was sending me messages every 5 seconds. :p Sucks a little though because I was going to look up some info about a concert on a friend's band page. You know, what it was actually meant for, bands and stuff. ;) I guess I could call them, but I don't want to, so I'll just wait until it's working. I can wait, but I'm sure pedophiles and those with no lives, some of my friends included (the latter, not former... I'm hoping), are going nuts right now.

Was going to do a blog tonight too, which apparently hundreds of people read for some reason even though I don't really have anything to say, but I guess that'll have to wait too.

Edit: It's working now apparently.

16. Tanglewood macrumors 6502a

Tanglewood

Or dressed up from Star Wars! Seriously I've spent almost 48 hours inside Comic-Con this weekend and yet I'm going back tomorrow.

About myspace...isn't it based in San Diego? If so, because of the heat wave (10 degrees above normal temperatures right now) we have had power outages around the county. Might explain the down time.

17. iShane macrumors 6502a

Hahaha. It wouldn't come on forever last night so I finally went to bed!

I wonder who that member was asked you about myspace? ;) :p

18. amateurmacfreak thread starter macrumors 6502a

amateurmacfreak

Ah, yess. In fact, I just left you three comments. Wow. Concerning your layout and your comment box.
    Love the layout but it = slow in Safari
    Comment box = doesn't work quote properally in Safari or Firefox. Sorry to tell you, but I think it was totally made w/ IE in mind.:( :cool:

And of course all, MySpace is up again.

19. CubaTBird macrumors 68020

Facebook never has "database" problems, is cleaner, and more user friendly. :eek:

20. technicolor macrumors 68000

technicolor

Its in serious need of a blog feature, but otherwise I agree.

21. Apple Hobo macrumors 6502a

Apple Hobo

Too bad the data center didn't go up in flames, and a meteorite didn't strike any off-site redundancy sites. [​IMG]

22. w_parietti22 macrumors 68020

Facebook is awesome for college students, but Highschool Facebook isn't. thats why we use myspace.

23. FrankieTDouglas macrumors 65816

Facebook is soooo much better. It's faster, clearer, and just a better user experience. Plus it doesn't let people modify their pages, so you don't encounter the HORRIBLE pages that crash browsers.

This heat is insane... the television station I work for has been going off air since where our antenna station is located has received horrible heat. Last I heard, it was some 130-140 degrees Fahrenheit in the room where the transmitter computers sit.

And... just as I was typing this, we just flashed offline for a moment.

Just came back.

Back off again...

Now we're back...

24. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

25. amateurmacfreak thread starter macrumors 6502a

amateurmacfreak

Haha... I don't care really, but it's just really ironic because groups (there are some decent forums...) are currently down for "special maintenance and my home page is down for "routine maintenance."
    Haha.
    It honestly makes me laugh.