Ah yes...surfing the web...

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by Bonesone4, Feb 19, 2008.

1. macrumors regular

I know this is only doable if u more or less "jailbreak" the ATV like people have done with their iPod touches...but how sweet itll be when apple actually does make this a legit feature. This link goes out to the fella who said something like "...are we even going to remember the apple tv existed a year from now?"

The answer is a big yes. And like I said before. Apple is molding a lifestyle people. The apple tv is just another check mark to put up on the board. When are they coming out with an actual TV? Hell....a car?????? :) far fetched I know

http://www.appletvhacks.net/2008/02/...now-available/

Bones

2. macrumors 68000

JonHimself

I'd love to see a video of someone using the appletv version of Safari.

3. macrumors 6502

iBallz

And it seems Google is always one step behind them.:(

4. macrumors 68040

FWIW, "typing" with the :apple:tv remote isn't much improved over "typing" with the Wiimote (Wii remote). For Safari surfing to be worthwhile someone is going to have to figure out how to get keyboard/mouse input. Unfortunately, the :apple:tv lacks bluetooth -- though there is that mysterious USB port in the back.

5. thread starter macrumors regular

hmmmmm...i wonder what that usb port is for????????? I wonder if apple has been planning something like this the whole time?????? hhmmmmmm..... :)

6. thread starter macrumors regular

Yea my one gripe about the atv is its really crude way of typing. it takes forever....they should come out with some sort of remote that is shaped kind of like a phone with a keypad. Make it look just like the front row remote, but then u can either slide it up, or flip it up to reveal a small keyboard for typing....now that.....that would be cool

7. macrumors member

8. macrumors member

mindcrash

How can I install this on an :apple:TV already updated to Take2?

I've searched and searched but can't seem to find the answer.

Thanks!