Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
aswitcher said:
Yeah, it does look like just before wwdc...shame really. But heres hoping they get it right with no bugs.
I think if Apple's going to wait until June 2005 to release Tiger, they won't do it until June 24 - after WWDC, not before. Agreed about getting it right with as few bugs as possible. For all practical purposes, shipping something as complex as an operating system bug-free can't be done.

aswitcher

macrumors 603
Oct 8, 2003
Canberra OZ
wrldwzrd89 said:
I think if Apple's going to wait until June 2005 to release Tiger, they won't do it until June 24 - after WWDC, not before. Agreed about getting it right with as few bugs as possible. For all practical purposes, shipping something as complex as an operating system bug-free can't be done.

I could understand "at" wwdc but "after" seems a bit odd. Do you mean "at" WWDC?

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
aswitcher said:
I could understand "at" wwdc but "after" seems a bit odd. Do you mean "at" WWDC?
To be honest, I'm surprised you're even asking me this. It isn't odd at all if you consider that past Mac OS X releases have occurred on the 24th of a given month when the 24th falls on a Friday (June 24, 2005 just happens to be the next time this occurs).

EDIT: Why would I say after WWDC when I meant at WWDC? I don't do that sort of thing.

thequicksilver

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2004
Birmingham
I've used a recent beta of Tiger on a friend's machine - not sure how he got Tiger but I wasn't going to say no to using it.

Anyway - I must say that I used it and it didn't feel quite ready yet. I can't really quantify that, because there's no real acid test for 'readiness' - but let me put it this way - if I'd paid my £99 for that version of Tiger, I would have been unimpressed.

lssmit02

macrumors 6502
Mar 25, 2004
thequicksilver said:
I've used a recent beta of Tiger on a friend's machine - not sure how he got Tiger but I wasn't going to say no to using it.

Anyway - I must say that I used it and it didn't feel quite ready yet. I can't really quantify that, because there's no real acid test for 'readiness' - but let me put it this way - if I'd paid my £99 for that version of Tiger, I would have been unimpressed.
Out of curiousity, what build was it?

daveL

macrumors 68020
Jun 18, 2003
Montana
thequicksilver said:
I didn't check the build myself but I think he said something like 8A395. Does that sound right?
The build that was released last week was 8A420. 8A395 was two seeds back.

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
Well, looks like the rumors of Apple announcing Tiger on April 1st was a bust. Was looking so forward to its release, now I MUST have Tiger!! Can't wait. This is killing me.

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
Another Friday and no word still of Tiger's eminent release. I guess I can hold out until NAB. Argh! :mad:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.