Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ravenewyork

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 19, 2013
How do you disable Mac from saving every single face on a photo as a seperate file because its taking up room on my labtop? Also, it keeps saying I'm running out of space. I'll go through iphoto and delete pics and then also in finder. When I go to finder it says I have over 10,000 photos. I just deleted 300 from finder and also deleted it from the trash. It then said I have 9,700 pics left. So I restarted my computer and when I go to finder it goes back to having 10,000 pics! It's like I never deleted them! I need to figure out how to get more space and get this off because I'm a photographer and need the space. I've done dropbox which is great but I just need to figure out how to get these photos off my computer.

Thanks!!!

phr0ze

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2012
Columbia, MD
Its a laptop, not labtop.

If your photos are on a photostream or dropbox folder perhaps its re-downloading them. My recommendation is to stop using iphoto if you are a photographer. Organize your photos on an external drive and stop keeping any of them on your laptop.

wolfpuppies3

macrumors 6502
Jun 26, 2012
Virginia, USA
never never never use iPhoto. Ditto Aperture. If you are a photographer, you should be using a professional photo editing software like Lightroom or Photoshop.

I am a photographer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.