ahhh i need help

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by KLTjonez, Jan 26, 2006.

1. KLTjonez macrumors newbie

im in class and i was typing my notes and then i do a spell check and now it's frozen. aahhhh all my notes for the day are there i can't loose them how do i stop it from being frozen with out loosing everything. and ya ya i always forget to save. but there has to be some way to get it back to normal. ok you know that circular thing and its a rainbow circal that spins when its "doing something" ya thats what it keeps doing. i hope you know what i can do with out loosing everything oh please oh please help me :)

2. calebjohnston macrumors 68000

calebjohnston

In the very technical mind of.. well.. me, one word comes to mind. FROOOZZEEENN. This does happen from time to time, if it hasn't fixed it self in hours, then you're basically done. Restart and re-type.

3. Lazyhound macrumors regular

4. KLTjonez thread starter macrumors newbie

5. calebjohnston macrumors 68000

calebjohnston

i know that, on windows, word sometimes auto-saves files. maybe it's the same situation for macs? I'm still new to the whole OS.

6. EHUnlucky7x9@ao macrumors 6502

Yeah, word on Macs saves from time to time. I don't know exactly how long in between... but Word froze on me when I was typing up my paper... i force quit... reopened Word and most of the stuff I wrote down was there... Word opened up saying there was a file in memory and would I like to open it...and i said yes... and blam...there it was...most of it minus a paragraph.

7. calebjohnston macrumors 68000

calebjohnston

8. KLTjonez thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for everything my notes were recovered and i think i only lost a little bit of my notes

9. calebjohnston macrumors 68000

calebjohnston

10. Passante macrumors 6502a

Passante

repeat after me

command - s, command - s, command - s, command - s, command - s, command - s, command - s, command - s, command - s, command - s, command - s, command - s, command - s, command - s, command - s, command - s, command - s, command - s, command - s, command - s, command - s, command - s, command - s, command - s, command - s, command - s, command - s, command - s, command - s, command - s, command - s, command - s, command - s, command - s, command - s, command - s, command - s, command - s, command - s, command - s, command - s, command - s, command - s, command - s, command - s, command - s, command - s, command - s, command - s, command - s, command - s, command - s, command - s, command - s, command - s, command - s, command - s, command - s, command - s, command - s, command - s, command - s, command - s, command - s, command - s, command - s, command - s, command - s:D