ahhhh my iPod is going nuts!

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Rickay726, Oct 12, 2006.

1. Rickay726 macrumors 6502

Rickay726

i was listening to music at my job today thur the speakers, and my ipod died, so i figured it was no biggy just go home and charge, but when i got home tonite and out it in to my dock a battery sign with a lightning bolt comes up and it just stays there, then out of now where my ipod started to beep! my ipod wont connnect to my iMac at all , let alone will it charge! has anyone had this problem before?! some one please help!!

2. JakeN488 macrumors member

Did you try and reset it? I haven't done it in awile but IIRC you hold down menu and play for a few seconds.

3. Rickay726 thread starter macrumors 6502

Rickay726

i tryed that to. i just get the apple logo and then it tunrs off.

4. MattyMac macrumors 68000

MattyMac

With the newer iPods...when they die, sometimes you have to leave it connected to the computer for up to a half hour or more before it has enough charge to recognize the iPod. I read that on apples site when it has happend to me before...with my nano and video. I hope that is your problem.

5. Rickay726 thread starter macrumors 6502

Rickay726

my ipod just randomly fixed its self when i plugged it back into the dock, sorry about this guys. anywya i have one more question, does anyone no if leaving ur iPod in your dock kills the life of the battery, because i always do that and it seems like my iPod battery drains so quick now, and i dnt use it nearly enuf for the battery to be dead.

6. MattyMac macrumors 68000

MattyMac

So I guess I was pretty accurate with my previous post. Glad to hear that it is now working. I think that leaving it in the dock would effect the battery life. If you like the looks of the iPod docked, why not leave it in their and just unplug the USB cable?

7. Rickay726 thread starter macrumors 6502

Rickay726

thanks alot you were completly right, maybe i could do that i supose