Ahhhhh... Spring has sprung!

Discussion in 'Community' started by Awimoway, Mar 7, 2004.

1. Awimoway macrumors 65816

[​IMG]

After weeks of (albeit much needed) rain, spring has suddenly sprung upon us here in the desert. Pleasant sunny days abound. The daffodils are out. The croci are already getting old. I took a leisurely stroll around the neighborhood with the wife and kids this afternoon. First time I've done that in months. And as I type, a cool gentle breeze wafts over my desk through the window that I'm opening for the first time since October or November (not including January's unfortunate diaper-changing incident when I had to get the reek out of the office).

Spring and fall are definitely the best seasons, in my opinion. Summer is always too hot. In the spring there's baseball and blossoms. In the fall there's football and the turning of the leaves. Nice. :cool:

2. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

Ah you bitch :) I was going to agree, because it got up to 55F here, with sunshine. We got a *hint* of spring. Hopefully within the next couple weeks, it'll sit tight in the 60s, after 5 months of seasonal-affective disorder i'm ready for some freaking sunshine :cool:

Plus, my new sunglasses look really cool with my new haircut, and i'm dangerously close to in-shape, so i gotta go show off ;)

paul

3. Awimoway thread starter macrumors 65816

Well if it makes you feel any better, the nights are still too damn cold, as you can see. Life in the desert and all that. And I swear this house has one-ply tissue paper for insulation. So we huddle up under a lot of blankets and have to sprint to the shower in the morning. :rolleyes:

4. Neserk macrumors 6502a

Neserk

Almost 90 here :D

It sounds like you are feeling better! Spring helps ;)

5. Roger1 macrumors 65816

Roger1

We hit 62 on Friday-with 50 mph winds. Today we have snow :rolleyes:
    That's Michigan for ya.

6. Awimoway thread starter macrumors 65816

Yes, thanks, much better. But tonight my wife says her head is starting to "fill up with snot." :(

7. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

This weekend, we've had 85 and 83 degrees F but it's going back down to 68 degrees F tomorrow. Still, the furnace doesn't have to run. :)

How are those in the southern hemisphere doing since Autumn is approaching?

8. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

That was more information than we needed to hear. :p

We have been to warm here in Boston the past week, in the 50's. Looking forward to the lower 40's this week. Spring always tends to be the worst season. I have no interest in baseball or football. But I'm looking forward to Fall already. I'm hoping for cool weather as long as possible, June would be nice.

9. Stelliform macrumors 68000

Stelliform

I couldn't be happier. High today was 78, low is a pleasant 55. I spent the entire day in the yard, mowing, weeding flowerbeds, general goof off around the yard business. (I even got a sunburn.) :D (By the way, all that was a good thing! ;))

I hate winter. Thank goodness it is over. :):):)

10. MacAztec macrumors 68040

MacAztec

Today it was about 90 degrees F. Here is a Hi-Low chart for the temps here in the desert...

Winter - 73/40
    Spring - 90/60
    Summer - 105/80
    Fall - 100/70

Weird, because its usually around 112-115 degrees in the summer when I look at the thermometer.

I hate every season but Winter here. Its always hot.

11. Awimoway thread starter macrumors 65816

Where do you live?

12. MacAztec macrumors 68040

MacAztec

I live in Palm Desert, California

Right next to Palm Springs, California (15 min away)

Coachella Valley....

13. Awimoway thread starter macrumors 65816

Ah yes. The low desert. That explains why winter is the only tolerable season.

I'm chillin' in the High Desert, near Victorville.

14. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

We are having a return to winter today! :) 12n T 33 WC 22 with light snow. I just wish that it was accumulating more. Summer always comes too soon.

15. VirtualInsanity macrumors newbie

-2 degrees C (about 29 F) here and snow! Canada has just two seasons; Winter and July :rolleyes:

Seriosly though, when it get to about 10 degrees (50 F) people are so happy its "warm" they stroll around in shorts exclaming loudly about the weather.