Ahmadinejad and Chavez want OPEC to cut oil production

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by MACDRIVE, Jan 13, 2007.

1. MACDRIVE macrumors 68000

MACDRIVE

BBC

That does it, it's time to nuke the bastards. :mad:

Edit: Forget I said that. I just remembered that the prettiest girls in the world are in Iran. Since Ahmadinejad is going to be in South America, I call on the CIA to take the shot.

2. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Another country Bush doesnt want to talk with. I think the U.S. would be better served by talking with everyone. Basing our country policys on Corporation Greed is a mistake, Our govt was suppose to be by the people not by the corporations. Bush could learn from that. He's letting the corporations run our foreign policy and thats a huge blunder.

Venezuela through Chavez was sending oil here for the poor, something I have never seen out of any Bush's big Oil guys. That has to be said even if it was just political but I like it better then Secret meetings with big oil like Cheney Bush have pulled off even giving them huge tax breaks during record profit years.

3. srf4real macrumors 68030

srf4real

I say good riddance to the money loving b*tches. The sooner we all get off the oil addiction the better chance we have of existing in 100 years.:rolleyes: :cool:
    Global warming will affect Venezuela and Iran alot worse than alot of other nations anyways, and in part their gesture is noble if not innocently motivated by goodness.;)

4. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

Good to know the only thing stopping you from promoting nuclear holocaust is your horniness.

Are you 15?

5. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Personally, I think anyone who suggests this even as a joke deserves to have their testicles roasted over a slow fire.

6. MACDRIVE thread starter macrumors 68000

MACDRIVE

When I was 15, even the ugley ones were on my target list. :)

7. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

So we should nuke people who want to produce less oil? Why?

They should be applauded, since this cut in oil production will mean that we need to start looking for alternative fuel sources.

8. D0ct0rteeth macrumors 65816

D0ct0rteeth

exactly. Please cut production. Cut it all the way down to 0 barrels a day.

9. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

OPEC always cut production when price is low, is that not GOP market theory?

10. MACDRIVE thread starter macrumors 68000

MACDRIVE

I said that out of anger because for the first time in over a year, our gas prices have dropped down to $2.49 a gallon. Therefore for the first time, I felt directly affected by Ahmadinejad's ludicrous comments. :mad:

My testicles slow roasted over an open flame? I think I would rather be standing next to the nuclear device when it went off. ;)

11. srf4real macrumors 68030

srf4real

Please note the sarcasm in my previous comment; IF it were done as a noble gesture and not out of greed this would be an honorable act... as it is, it may very well be a prelude to war. Next we'll hear about Venezuela building nuclear reactors.:eek:

12. MACDRIVE thread starter macrumors 68000

MACDRIVE

No, they're definately not being nobal; they're just trying to be hateful because they hate Bush. But they should choose a way of directly dealing with Bush without directly affecting [my] personal income.

I want a replacement for oil just as much as you do. I have an special disdain feeling towards diesel powered pick-up trucks with their fumes being sucked in through my air vents, but I just don't think I (or anyone else for that matter) should have to pay out of my pocket book for Ahmadinejad's beef with Bush.

13. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

And it's mostly your fault for allowing him to have such power over you and your finances.

The CIA might be looking for volunteers.

Ironic that those pickups are pulling down better mileage than their clean gasoline counterparts. Your "special disdain" seems as misguided as your stated justfications for using or not using nuclear weapons.

14. MACDRIVE thread starter macrumors 68000

MACDRIVE

pseudobrit -- You've got one of those damn things don't you? Those things reek. I've been known to take a left turn onto another street just to get away from one.

15. dllavaneras macrumors 68000

dllavaneras

Seeing that I live in Venezuela, I appreciate that. People like you make the world a better place

16. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

i've got a late-model VW diesel. diesel technology has come a long way, and basing opinions on what p'brit and i drive from semitrucks and busses will lead you to erroneous conclusions.

my diesel runs cleanly, quietly, and efficiently. my mileage is about 40/55, even with my lead foot.

17. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

Yeah, great. I run biodiesel and get 50mpg.

18. SMM macrumors 65816

SMM

"Nuke the bastards", hopefully that is a joke. If not, maybe you can explain how that solves anything?

19. MACDRIVE thread starter macrumors 68000

MACDRIVE

Alright, how about if we could drop Chavez and Ahmadinejad off by themselves in a desolate area of Africa and then nuke just the two of them? Does that sound better?

20. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

How about we don't nuke people because they want to make their own decisions? Or should the US make all decisions for the entire world?

21. MACDRIVE thread starter macrumors 68000

MACDRIVE

Like it or not, the U.S. needs oil to operate. Not just for cars and motorcycles, but for B1 bombers and Abram tanks. It's essential for our security. Thats why I think Bush is spending too much time trying to set up friendly governments, when he should just go in and seize all the oil fields and be done with it. I think it would save more soldiers lives rather than to keep tip toeing around all those mad Arabs.

22. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

Are you kidding? Seriously?

How about we stop wasting oil on our tanks and weapons. Of course, people don't die this way, so you probably won't be satisfied.

23. aquajet macrumors 68020

I've seen quite a few TDIs on the road lately and hardly ever see any soot from the tailpipe or smell diesel exhaust while following. Plus, they feel a bit peppier in the low end and get higher mileage than my gas Beetle.

They're really excellent powerplants and it's great to see so many around here.

24. MACDRIVE thread starter macrumors 68000

MACDRIVE

I wish we didn't have to spill blood for oil, but since it's going to happen anyway, I wish there was a way to confiscate the oil without losing the lives of our military people.

25. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

Establishing a precedent where might makes right in terms of economic and trade negotiations will put the civilised world at a disadvantage when trying to establish consensus and stability.

For instance, imagine China as the number one superpower, able to crush our military. Would you support them seizing Alaska's oil fields simply because they needed the oil?