Ahmadinejad rejects U.N. sanctions

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by obeygiant, Mar 25, 2007.

1. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

cnn

Who can caption this picture?

Attached Files:

2. XnavxeMiyyep macrumors 65816

XnavxeMiyyep

"Nations seeking to impose sanctions against Iran will suffer the blow of my mighty flying thunder crane fists!"

3. princealfie macrumors 68030

princealfie

Ahmadinejad takes over the Pope for televaganalism [sic] in raising the dead. My caption :D

4. MACDRIVE macrumors 68000

MACDRIVE

It's time to get the F117's fuelled up with JP5 jet fuel.

5. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Bomb a country for having bombs....how hypocritical :rolleyes:

If I was Iran, I'd be building up a weapons program too, so I could defend myself from the insane a$$hole running the US

6. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

"Missed it by *that* much"

7. XnavxeMiyyep macrumors 65816

XnavxeMiyyep

8. obeygiant thread starter macrumors 68040

obeygiant

"Invisible Sandwich!"

or

"The Quizno's prime rib sub is this big."

9. yojitani macrumors 68000

yojitani

(stock) Ahmadinejad weighs in on whether Ben Rothlisberger broke the plain in Superbowl XL

or

Ahmadinejad plays the dozens

10. MACDRIVE macrumors 68000

MACDRIVE

There's no need for Iran to be building an atomic bomb; the U.S never had any intention of invading that country, but since they've chosen to go ahead and get the bomb, now we're going to have to.

11. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Like we did with Pakistan, or North Korea? ;) As I've been saying, we couldn't do anything about him if we wanted. Unfortunately, we've made things worse in the area, and killed our credibility and standing in the world. Even if he was just talking out of his butt to piss us off, there's not much we can do, and it would only hurt us to go preemptive, not that anyone would believe us anyway if we did, even if we were right. He's bad, he's nuts, but what can or should be do about it?

Oh, and, "I have a headache this big". :p

12. Queso macrumors G4

Iran is an old country. Like China, it's wiser than the USA. They'll get their bomb, you'll look stupid for a bit, then the two of you will have to sit down and talk as equals. That's all they want really, for all the sabre-rattling and name-calling (in both directions).

13. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

But they're evil! They want to blow us up! So we have to blow them up!

Makes perfect sense. :rolleyes:

14. Queso macrumors G4

Are you quoting from the Washington Post or the Tehran Times? :p

15. MACDRIVE macrumors 68000

MACDRIVE

That's what I'm worried about most - the U.S running out of manpower to handle all the up in coming conflicts and being pushed back into a corner. In a situation like that, the U.S might be forced to use some large weapons that we normally wouldn't have to use if we had the available manpower.

16. pilotError macrumors 68020

pilotError

Life as a sportscaster after president... "It's up and its Good!"

17. Queso macrumors G4

The only caption I can come up with is "Tragedy. When the feeling's gone and you can't go on..."

18. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

If we have the right to build an atomic bomb for no reason (keep in mind, the Manhattan project started before WWII), then Iran can build an atomic bomb for no reason. Anything else is just hypocritical.

19. obeygiant thread starter macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Thats a distortion of the truth. The building of the atom bomb did not start for no reason. You should read these letters from Einstein to Roosevelt.

20. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

Why not?

The US never had any real intention of invading Russia either. And of course there is the total silence over Israel's WMD/NBW's. It may not be right but given past precedence they have pretty much no particularly good reasons not to have nuclear weapons if they can field them. Of course if they were not to have them it would possibly ease tension in the region... but probably not with Israel the way they are. Either way, it's not about whether they need it. They might just want it. And they fully realise that the US is overstretched now and that they will be completely on their own for an Iran invasion.

Slightly Off Topic:
    Ahmadinejad looks exactly like a plumber who works for a client and every time I look at him it amuses me somewhat.

21. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

The UN has been committed to nonproliferation for decades. Is this a goal they should give up?

22. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

Countries don't have wisdom. People do. Abdminjob and the rest of his mullah cohorts have the worldly wisdom of thirteen year olds that have lived a sheltered life.

23. Queso macrumors G4

Cultures have wisdom.

24. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

No...I don't think ANY country should have nukes, but realistically speaking, the UN will never reach that goal. And as long as we're building up a weapons arsenal (which, I don't agree with one bit) and showing some hostility towards Iran, then I can understand why they're doing the same.