aiff????

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by OSX Panther, Nov 30, 2004.

1. OSX Panther macrumors member

My brother bought an cd the other day, and we were going to copy it to itunes, but itunes says i dont have the right permission to do so, but i have, i have checked it a thousand times! So i tryed to copy them into the mac, and that goes okay, but the big problem is, i want then to be mp3 so i load them up to itunes and mark them and press convert to mp3 but itunes is still nagging about permission, but am the owner and admin and i kan read and write, on these files! i have double checked it! what should i do to get these songs from aiff to mp3??

2. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 68040

T'hain Esh Kelch

The CD is probably copy-protected. If so, go down to your store and complain like h*ll!
    We don't like copy-protection on stuff why buy for that much money! :cool:

An easy way to test it, is to make a new user, and the first thing to do is to try and rip the CD. If it works, your normal user is somehow ****ed (Try to repair permissions), otherwise, the CD is copy-protected.

3. JFreak macrumors 68040

JFreak

copy-protected cd:s suck. they are not even RED-BOOK standard discs and therefore don't carry the "compact disc digital audio" logo.

i say take it back to the store you bought it from.

4. Veldek macrumors 68000

Veldek

Just want to make sure: how do you try to copy the CD? Do you use the import button in iTunes? I don’t think it can be a permission thing because it’s a CD after all. If you didn’t use the import button, try it.

If that’s what you did, I apologize...

5. OSX Panther thread starter macrumors member

I can copy them to itunes using finder, but i cant get them to be mp3. thats the problem....

6. Veldek macrumors 68000

Veldek

Do not copy them using the Finder. Just do what I said in my previous post and import them through iTunes.

7. bartelby macrumors Core

I had a problem similar to this a while back.
    I changed the permissions on the drive that the mp3s were stored on and locked the change.
    I haven't had a problem since.