Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

croberts134

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 3, 2005
So on Christmas day I come back to my computer to find that I had been kicked off of AIM (using Adium, not the AIM software). I attempted to log back in and I was told that my password wasn't valid. So, I tried and tried again. Even downloaded the AIM software to try it and kept getting the same message. I went to AIM.com to have my password sent to me (to the only e-mail address I've ever used) and it never came.

I stumbled across some articles about people hacking AIM passwords and somehow disabling the password forwarding. Do you think this is what happened to me? And if so, why are there random hackers stealing AIM accounts? (I'm 100% it was no one I knew who did this, my password was very good and the account hasn't been logged on since).

yellow

Moderator emeritus
Oct 21, 2003
Portland, OR
croberts134 said:
And if so, why are there random hackers stealing AIM accounts?

Why write a Widows virus? Why vote Republican? These are age old questions that Man was never meant to know the answer to..

There's plenty of nefarious reasons I can think of to steal an AIM account, but most likely, it's just because "I can".

I suggest you get back on AIM's website and try to get the password sent to you again, and make sure it's not being filtered by a SPAM proggy.

mbopy22

macrumors 6502
Nov 8, 2005
yellow said:
Why write a Widows virus? Why vote Republican? These are age old questions that Man was never meant to know the answer to..

Cause they RULE!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.