Aim Chat log on a PC?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Mac MMG, Jan 26, 2005.

1. Mac MMG macrumors newbie

Hey any IT guys/AIM users doesn't AIM 5.9 for XP auto log chat?
    Where is it stored or am I mistaken?

I can't find any documentation on it? The AIM home site sucks for info and I googled to no avail.

I know the OSX version doesn't but I thought XP did.

FYI:I wanted to pass along the info to someone else on PC. But I want to be sure first.

2. jlewis2k1 macrumors 6502a

jlewis2k1

there is no logging for AIM. As far as I know just MSN and Yahoo! have that feature. However, if you wanted some form of logging you can get DeadAIM.

3. Mac MMG thread starter macrumors newbie

4. feakbeak macrumors 6502a

feakbeak

Trillian

You could also try using Trillian from Cerulean Studios. They just came out with version 3.0 and the Basic edition is free. It is full featured, the Pro (pay) version is just the "on steroids" version. This IM client allows you to connect to all the major chat networks and does logging.

5. Timelessblur macrumors 65816

Timelessblur

DeadAIM only works up to 5.5 Also it support is next to noughting and you have to pay for it.

A add on program to AIM for windows that has logging is middle man and the best part about middle man is it is free still has delevppment going on (deadaim has not had anything reall come out of it for a long time now middle man has)

6. saabmp3 macrumors 6502a

certain versions of AIM have had logging as a option, but none of the current ones. Version 4.9 sticks out in my head as a version that could log.

BEN