AIM crashes

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by JurgenWigg, Jul 16, 2006.

1. JurgenWigg macrumors 6502

JurgenWigg

So I'm pretty new to mac, and pretty excited. I love everything about my macbook and it's grooving awesome, but...

AIM quits unexpectedly every time i try to bring the application to the front of other windows. Is AIM for mac really this unstable? What's going on? Is there a good replacement for AIM that I could use??

2. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

yes.. there is a good replacement for AIM to use..
    her name is adiumX.
    It is fantastic.

Supports many IM clients (AIM, yahoo, MSN, gtalk) and is FREE. Also with the tabbed chatting.. Muy bueno.

File transfers, direct IM don't work, and there's no support for A/V yet, but they're coming.

If you don't want to use adium, there's always iChat that comes with OS X.

3. benthewraith macrumors 68040

benthewraith

AIM for Mac right now isn't a universal binary, so I think there's an issue with Rosetta. However, you can configure iChat to connect to your AIM account. :)

4. Kardashian macrumors 68020

Kardashian

Open iChat, its next to Mail in your dock. A blue bubble, with a white video camera logo.

Sign in to your AIM account that way. :) Its made by Apple, and if you like the iPhoto/iTunes UI - this will be a doddle.

5. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

iChat or AdiumX are both great.
    Chax for iChat is a great set of features too.

6. JurgenWigg thread starter macrumors 6502

JurgenWigg

Ahhh i totally forgot about iChat!! Thanks for the suggestions - i'll check out Adium and Chax too

7. DarkNetworks macrumors 68000

DarkNetworks

AIM + iChat equals perfect combination. Don't see any reason not using it...unless you want more customization then you go with Adium...