Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DarkXShadowX21

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 28, 2011
Hello everybody. I've been experiencing a weird issue with an application on my iPad. I've researched the answer and really haven't found much of a solution of what to do. So without further to do, here is what is going on.

I use iMessage Version 7.0.1 (3318) on my Macbook Pro using Mountain Lion 10.8.3.

I have an email address that uses an @me address. I am able to successfully login to it with iMessage and use it to it's full potential.

AimExample_zpsc62f63d1.png

I downloaded the Aim for iPad application have tried to login with me @me address several times and I have not been successful at doing so. I keep getting the following error.

AimExampleiPad_zpsdfe53a75.png

I've tried using the section of the application where you can add an account with the MobileMe option but that doesn't work and I believe that is because MobileMe specifically dropped June of last year.

My @me account still works though with iMessage.

I have tried using that section with my @icloud address as well and that didn't seem to work either.

I tried both of my @me and @icloud in the section where you add an aim account and still didn't have any luck. I received the same error message you see on top of the application.

If anyone can help me figure out how to resolve this or let me know why it's not working, I would appreciate it. Thank you in advance and take care.

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
I've tried using the section of the application where you can add an account with the MobileMe option but that doesn't work and I believe that is because MobileMe specifically dropped June of last year.

My @me account still works though with iMessage.

That is correct. If you didn't set up using your Mobile Me with AIM before they cut off Mobile Me automatic support you can't do it now. it works with iMessages cause MobileMe accounts are also generic Apple IDs

You should still be able to go to the AIM website and see up a username and use your existing email (i.e. your mobile me) just fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.