Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shrek

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 23, 2002
Nashville, Tennessee USA
Come one, come all, and let's set our expectations high for Apple Computer and its partners. My philosophy is that if we don't do this, someday we'll be stuck with 2GHz machines with 4GB of RAM (max), and PCs will be at 10GHz with 20GB of RAM (max). We cannot wait for Apple, IBM, Moto, and others to sit on their butts while we keep waiting for the next best thing only to find out that it's not so great. If we do set our expectations high, we may not get there, but we'll get a lot closer to it than just the occasional speed bump. Set our expectations high and we'll get the best we can get. Set our expectations low, and eventually we will all be running away from Apple because we will feel like they cheated us out of our money. We need something BIG. Now, now, now!

We know Apple listens to our requests: We asked for a 17" iMac, and they gave us that; we wanted a Superdrive on the iMac and eMac and they handed it to us; we wanted a 20GB iPod and we received it.

WE MUST UNITE as a family of believers in Apple's vision, but this time with a passion for the best of the best of the best!

AIM HIGH, APPLE FORCE!!! :D :D :D

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2002
Shrek, earlier, in a similar situation, you didn't want me to be in your threads.

"King Cobra:

Stay out of my threads! :mad:"

Why did you say that earlier?

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
You haven't been listening to the rumors lately, have you?

I'd wait a while before trying to rally the townspeople - October is the IBM event and we'll most likely hear something then, or soon after.

Put the pitchfork and torches back in the closet and plan your trip to Cupertino another day....

D

Shrek

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 23, 2002
Nashville, Tennessee USA
Originally posted by dukestreet
You haven't been listening to the rumors lately, have you?

Sure I have, but the G5 from IBM is likely a year away at the very least. We need it soon, soon, soon! Or at least something really good from Moto to hold us over. ;)

mozez

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2001
technology comes when it comes, and if they ahd something that would amaze and excite us, i think they'd release it by now, or we'd know something about it. patience is a virtu (sp?) apple will release when they are ready, and they will wow as they have in the past, that's why steve gets his jets, see other post about job's bonus.

Rajj

macrumors 6502a
May 29, 2002
32° 44' N 117° 10' W
Originally posted by Shrek

LoL. Well, someone needs to tell him to cool his jets and get real. LoL. :D

It pretty conspicuous that you truly don’t understand theMeagahertz Myth !!!

If you look at any true major computer conglomerate, you won't see them crying over a 10 gigahertz semiconductor, because gigahertz is just a “number” !!!;)

My advise to you: is to click the link, pay attention, quit with this Intel propaganda crap, and post a better thread!!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :p

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
Originally posted by dukestreet
Put the pitchfork and torches back in the closet and plan your trip to Cupertino another day....

This is California you're talking about, the land where they rally the BMWs and lawyers when the citizens get in a snit.

P-Worm

macrumors 68020
Jul 16, 2002
Salt Lake City, UT
Hey xrhajj,

Thanks for that link. It helped to understand why my dual 1 Ghz is creaming my friends 2.2 Ghz. All I knew was that it just did, but that video helped me understand why. Thanks a bunch!

P-Worm

Gaz

macrumors regular
Aug 15, 2002
London, UK
Originally posted by Shrek
Sure I have, but the G5 from IBM is likely a year away at the very least. We need it soon, soon, soon! Or at least something really good from Moto to hold us over. ;)

Not wanting to offend you but not one word of that paragraph has been confirmed.

It's all speculation, yes, IBM is highly likely but that is all.

Ever heard the saying that if you aim too high you'll just hit a lamp-post? Rallying words with realistic expectations. Word within what's possible. It would be best to rally the Moto and IBM right now along with more likely pos of dual powerbooks (v unlikely but credible), G4 iBooks and faster iMacs.

Rajj

macrumors 6502a
May 29, 2002
32° 44' N 117° 10' W
Originally posted by P-Worm
Hey xrhajj,

Thanks for that link. It helped to understand why my dual 1 Ghz is creaming my friends 2.2 Ghz. All I knew was that it just did, but that video helped me understand why. Thanks a bunch!

P-Worm

No problem!!;) :D

Let's just the Ogre understood it!!:p :cool:

Gatorman

macrumors regular
Apr 2, 2002
Florida
Here's something to think about....

Since we're all kind of throwing out ideas here, if the IBM/Apple deal does indeed happen, would Apple (since since there is a possibility we may see a Motorola G5 in early 2003) not call this new chip a G5, but a G6? Just a thought.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.