AIM sound driving me nuts...does this happen to anyone else?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ceruleanventure, Aug 27, 2006.

1. ceruleanventure macrumors regular

Jun 12, 2006
    This is totally random, but is any one else annoyed by the AOL AIM sound?
    I just moved back to college and for some reason half the floor feels it's necessary to have the AIM sounds going at FULL blast. I can hear them through these concerete walls and metal doors. Back at home my siblings did this too, it annoyed my father so much he cut the wire going to computer's speakers (My Dad isn't crazy, he told them plenty of times to turn the volume down also, don't worry it was a PC). Don't get me wrong...I like using Adium/AIM etc on my computers, but why do people need that sound to be so loud? Should'nt the flashing lights be enough? Rant over lol :eek:
  2. crazycat macrumors 65816

Dec 5, 2005
    *looks at my friend* I know a few people who are quite the same. I would always ask him to lower the sound but a few mins later its back as high. I like to play music very loudly, its best to play the same song over and over again to really piss them off. The normaly lower the sound, if not find the worst song you can ever get (Britney Spears better half is coming out with a rap cd soon) and play it all the time. :)

I feel evil