Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jer446, May 22, 2006.

1. jer446 macrumors 6502a

Dec 28, 2004
    I am so frustrated.. aim is a pos.. lately... anytime i log ønto aim.. about 30 seconds after i sign on.. i get kicked off.. and i get the error asking me if i want to reopen.. i have tried reinstalling several times.. setting the settings to default.. but no luck..
    I would use ichat or adium, but i never can get those to work for direct connections with my friends that use aim.. so what is wrong with aim??
  2. mrzeve macrumors 6502a

Jan 25, 2005
    Use spotlight to search for any files relating to aim, including temp files and settings. Delete them and then reinstall. Worked for me.

Go get Adium ;)
  3. tkidBOSTON macrumors 6502a

Aug 14, 2005
    The Hub of the Universe
    I am having the same problem with my dell at work. Only when I try to sign back on to AIM I get an error saying I am trying to sign on again too soon. The only remedy is to exit and try again in 15min.

Things like this make me appreciate my Macs and iChat. :)
  4. jer446 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Dec 28, 2004
    as i said though, i would gladly use ichat or adium, but the connect feature never seems to work.. if my friend wants to send me a file quickly.. i never can connect.. anyone know why?
  5. quigleybc macrumors 68030

Jun 17, 2005
    Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada

Weird, I never have any issues with AIM (iChat) at home, or AIM on my PC at work....

Maybe you need to open a port in your firewall for iChat to work properly...not sure....
  6. EEcuber17 macrumors member

Aug 4, 2005
    Illinois, US
    iChat always works for me.

I just don't like how it reformats everything like text or my friend's profiles.
  7. iShane macrumors 6502a

Jan 7, 2006
    New York
    You can change a setting so it doesn't do that I believe.
  8. yg17 macrumors G5

Aug 1, 2004
    St. Louis, MO