Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Patch^

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 11, 2005
Great Britain
I was just enquiring to ask if it was easy to install an aiport Extreme card or Bluetooth into a PowerMac G5? e.g. if i bought a Aiport card and installed it myself...is there a tutorial or any pointers you can give me please?

Thnx in advanced ^_^.

<Edit: Sorry just noticed it posted my thread twice, for some strange reason, could a moderator delete one of them for me if its not too much trouble. sorry for the incovenience :/ >

za9ra22

macrumors 65816
Sep 25, 2003
Patch^ said:
I was just enquiring to ask if it was easy to install an aiport Extreme card or Bluetooth into a PowerMac G5? e.g. if i bought a Aiport card and installed it myself...is there a tutorial or any pointers you can give me please?

Thnx in advanced ^_^.

<Edit: Sorry just noticed it posted my thread twice, for some strange reason, could a moderator delete one of them for me if its not too much trouble. sorry for the incovenience :/ >

Installing an Airport Extreme card in a G5 PM is about as easy as you can get. It'll take all of 30 seconds once you've got the side panel off, and most of that time will be taken up making sure it's firmly seated and the antenna cable firmly attached.

Don't know about BT though... I doubt it's any harder, but I didn't get one of those!

aussie_geek

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2004
Sydney Australia
Patch^ said:

Thnx in advanced ^_^.

Airport Extreme is easy just as za9ra22 said. Regarding Bluetooth, I just bought a D-Link USB-Bluetooth dongle and put it in one of the USB ports. One thing I did notice was that you have to put it in one of the ports on the back. I have one of the new cinema displays and when I put it in the back of it, it didn't work. Not sure why - can anyone else explain this?

The dongle's are cheap and easy to install - I suggest going up that avenue.

aussie_geek

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.