1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

Air 2013 Refurbs?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by GekkePrutser, Aug 9, 2013.

1. macrumors 6502a

GekkePrutser

I was just wondering, does anyone know how long it normally takes after new Airs get released, until they show up in the refurb store?

I was thinking of getting an 11" again for on the road as I have to travel a lot more for work these days. But as it's purely for that purpose, I don't want to spend too much on it. It's been 2 months tomorrow so I hope they will arrive soon.

2. macrumors 68000

B...

Usually a few months.

3. macrumors 6502

Depends on how long it takes for someone's MBA to fail. Most don't.

4. macrumors 68000

the better question is what sort of discount will you actually get by buying a refurb. I would say $150 max. Being back to school you can likley get that on a new model right now and not have to wait

5. macrumors 6502

Why not just buy a brand new 11 inch 2013 MacBook Air from Best Buy for $849?

6. macrumors 603

saving107

Theirs no specific time frame, just once all those people on YouTube are done doing their reviews and coincidently come to the conclusion that a MacBook Air/Pro/iMac is "just not for them" and eventually send it back for a refund, Apple will have a sufficient inventory of refurbished MacBook Air to sell online.

:)

7. macrumors regular

kahkityoong

About 6 months

8. macrumors 6502a

Late Oct, early Nov.

9. macrumors 603

thekev

A lot of refurbished models are probably returns.

10. macrumors 601

Last year's June 1st announce, refurb avail Sept 15.

11. macrumors 65816

Wow.. are you some kind of analyst? :D
    Do you have a crawler checking when refurbs of each type popup in the refurb store?

12. macrumors 6502a

GekkePrutser

I wish I could but I'm not in the US :) Here in Ireland there are no deals like that.

Also thanks about the back to school idea but I'm not a student. Not sure if I could still get the gift card but I don't really have a use for one.

----------

Thanks!! That was just what I was looking for! This year the announcement was on 10 June so I'm hoping for mid September based on this.

13. macrumors newbie

Your prices make me sick/jealous....
    Starting at £547.28 ($849) in the USA
    Starting at £849 ($1317.05) in the uk..

We get so ****ed on tax it is untrue :'(

14. macrumors 68020

Ronnoco

Yeah, but you have free healthcare...:)

15. macrumors 6502a

To be fair, the actual price (with tax) most of the time comes out to about $1080 or so in most places. I know, still quite a difference...

16. macrumors newbie

That is a bonus, I have been in and out of hospital over the past 5 years alot and been on a shed load of meds, I looked online and for me to buy the tablets I'm taking everyday (currently free) it would be costing me just under $1000 a month! :O

However disregard my health, I want shiney toys :)