Air America

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Sasha3, Apr 1, 2004.

1. Sasha3 macrumors member

Found the station link after a struggle but can't find the web page to sign on to. Any help with this? Perhaps it isn't even up yet since all is so new. They don't even have an email address yet.

2. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

3. Sasha3 thread starter macrumors member

Yeah. Weird eh? Well I gave a good five hour listen today and don't think I'll be returning there anyway as it reminds me to much of why I dislike the right wing programs so much. Not just for thier content, but the presentation with it's sneering condecension and laughter at the "rubes who really need to listen and learn". Then there are the comercials...the first six minutes of The O' Franken Factor hawked McDonalds and the girl scouts to name a few. Anyway, a little of Al goes a long way. He is too much of a knee jerk cynic-ala Bill Maher-to be constantly interesting. I'll stick with The Pacifica Network, Harpers and online liberal publications when I feel the need to reinforce my liberal leanings.
    To be fair I'll give them a few more shots. I had just hoped for something a lot more serious; not the frivolous Morning Sedition offering.

4. SlyHunter macrumors newbie

SlyHunter

http://drudgereport.com/flash5.htm

5. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

must be getting crowded out by all those other "liberal" networks, eh Sly...

Anyway, don't particularily care for what I've heard so far...too reminiscent in style to the right-wing pundits...(as mentioned above)...still, I have not heard all of their shows...

6. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

7. Voltron macrumors newbie

Voltron

I thought the key demographic that they commonly quote was actually the 18-54 age group not the 18-34?

8. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

9. kuyu macrumors 6502a

kuyu

thanks for the quote mactastic
    #######
    "Perhaps the Bush administration could learn something applicable to its out-of-control occupation of Iraq from Progress Media."
    #######

What media bias? :confused:

where did this come from? Was it an editorial, or a news column?

10. Flowbee macrumors 68030

Flowbee

18-34 is a standard measurement. It's by no means the only one that's ever used, but is generally accepted as the 'young adult' range.

11. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

It came from here.

The original story was a subscription-only deal so I didn't post that.

12. kuyu macrumors 6502a

kuyu

Well, it's an opinion piece that sites polls. That sort of bias is encouraged as far as I'm concerned. It's those pesky editorials posing as news that gets me.

Sorry, I jumped the gun there. Post on, mactastic. :)