Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which will it be?

• Stairway to Heaven

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • All Right Now

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Voodoo Chili

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters

UKnjb

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 23, 2005
London, UK
So I noticed on the BBC website a couple of days ago that they were conducting an on-line poll ........

View attachment 44254

Not sure about how the three pieces had been voted in and I reckon that MR readers may have their own opinions. Which would be --------?

Applespider

macrumors G4
What you've posted is the BBC's daily trivia quiz...

The survey was conducted by Total Guitar magazine and those three tracks were in their top 10.

Stairway to Heaven came top, Van Halen came second, and the solos in Guns 'N Roses' Paradise City, The Eagles' Hotel California, and Metallica's Enter Sandman were next. The remaining four were Eric Clapton's Crossroads as a member of Cream, Jimi Hendrix's Voodoo Child (Slight Return), Ozzy Osbourne's Crazy Train, and Free's All Right Now.

OnceUGoMac

macrumors 6502a
Mar 3, 2004
UKnjb said:
So I noticed on the BBC website a couple of days ago that they were conducting an on-line poll ........

View attachment 44254

Not sure about how the three pieces had been voted in and I reckon that MR readers may have their own opinions. Which would be --------?

Voodoo Chile?

MattG

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2003
Asheville, NC
airbanding.jpg

EGT

macrumors 68000
Sep 4, 2003
DrStrangelove said:
I'm glad someone noticed it.

That's not just a typo- that's an insult to Jimi.

It says Voodoo Chile on Electric Ladyland in the UK iTMS.

Kernow

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2005
Kingston-Upon-Thames
EGT said:
It says Voodoo Chile on Electric Ladyland in the UK iTMS.

There are two separate songs on the album - Voodoo Chile, which is a long slow bluesy jam, and Voodoo Child (Slight Return), which is the one everyone knows and which I'm guessing the poll refers to.

student_trap

macrumors 68000
Mar 14, 2005
'Ol Smokey, UK
Kernow said:
There are two separate songs on the album - Voodoo Chile, which is a long slow bluesy jam, and Voodoo Child (Slight Return), which is the one everyone knows and which I'm guessing the poll refers to.

spot on, like Kernow says, there are two versions of this song on the album "electric ladyland", one Voodoo Chile and one Voodoo Child (Slight Return). The latter is the most recognised.

EGT

macrumors 68000
Sep 4, 2003
Voodoo Child (Slight Return) is "Voodoo Chile (Slight Return)" on the UK Music store.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.