Air tunes stopped working

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by ahasver, Dec 11, 2004.

1. ahasver macrumors member

ahasver

hello everybody anybody has experience with the newest update and airport extreme. Since installing I can't use Air tunes anymore or even configure the airport express. Help anybody??? :confused:

2. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Have you tried physically resetting the Airport Express? Mine has frozen/become invisible to the network twice but I just unplugged it from the power, plugged it in again and it started working again like normal.

3. ahasver thread starter macrumors member

ahasver

sure

sure I tried that a couple of times and as I said it still works with my PB book hasn't been upgraded to this security thing from december.

4. bowsplash macrumors newbie

The solution with the Airport Express seems to be, "when it doubt, do a hard reset": plugging it in, then holding down the reset button for 10secs.

I've been a little frustrated at times with my Airport Express since I bought it 2 weeks ago. It works great until I move it (like to a friend's house) and it starts blinking yellow. I do a hard reset and reconfigure it through Airport Admin Utililty. Then I'm good to go until I have to move it again. Sometimes the profiles are saved, sometimes not.

5. wPod macrumors 68000

wPod

is the software up to date on the machine accessing the airport express as well as the most up to date airport express software?

make sure all the software is up to date, then do a hard reset as described by bowsplash. that should at least make the express viewable by your PB. then you will have to re-set up the express. id save the settings from the express to your PB so you can quickly update it should you need a hard re-set again. it seems i have to do a hard resent anytime i move the airport express, then reload everything :-/ so much for the cool protablity and up to 5 different profiles apple describes!!