Airborne Express is a stupid head

Discussion in 'Community' started by mainstreetmark, Sep 26, 2003.

1. mainstreetmark macrumors 68020

mainstreetmark

So, I ordered my powerbook last friday. Apple said it would ship monday, but slipped to tuesday - no big deal. I ordered it 2nd day, so was expecting it Thursday.

So, here it is friday, and stupid Airborne Express's tracking page suddenly annouced that it just picked up the powerbook from the "Shipper's Door" last night. This means it won't get here until, what Monday?

Doesn't "Second Day" based on 9/23 equal Thursday, the 25th to everyone?

(I don't mean to complain in light of you G5 people who had to wait months, but I think it's worse to go to sleep for 3 nights in a row thinking you'll be "for sure" getting it tomorrw...)

2. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

theres already a thread complaining about airborne...i've had nothing but good luck with them tho and my applecare stuff...usualy new apple products come via fedex for me.

3. shadowfax macrumors 603

shadowfax

Re: Airborne Express is a stupid head

not to get your hopes up, but from what i hear, airborne express has a crappy tracking/internet monitoring service, while their shipping is fair enough. you may still get it today or tomorrow.

here's hoping :)

4. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

"Shippers door" Means they picked it up from customs. Unfortuantely they have no control of the package from the time the plane lands until Customs decides to release the invetory. After like 11am PST, you should see that it arrived to a neighbouring City, and should be delivered Today or Saturday. If Airborne doesn't deliver where you live on Saturday, it will be Monday.

I went throught the same fiasco, but I had to wait 7 days for customs. Also, sometimes the Shipped status just means that they entered the number into the system and are waiting for a pickup. So you never know.

TEG

5. shadowfax macrumors 603

shadowfax

so, "US customs is a stupid head"

they have to make sure you're not importing nuclear/biological weapons in that thing.

6. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Those would most likely make it more quickly through customs.