Airborne Express still SUCKS!!!!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Wigletbill, Oct 16, 2003.

1. Wigletbill macrumors member

I am not in the mood to actually tell my story, but I think hearing yours will make me feel better... spill it.

One observation about why the Airborne people are so freakin rude... because they have NEVER delivered anything on time, EVER. All the people hear all day is bi*ching about how S****y their comapny is....

Anyway...let me hear your Airborne virus stories....

-Joel:p

2. ExoticFish macrumors 6502a

ExoticFish

The inner depths of madness, aka Kent, OH
    i don't have a lot of experience with Airborne Express, but they can't be worse than Fedex... man Fedex sucks!! :p Fedex is the only company that i've ever recieved anything late, but luckily that was only once. my problem with Fedex is that everything i get from them looks like it's been thrown down the stairs! :rolleyes:

3. Simon Liquid macrumors regular

Fed Ex has been fine with me, but I have my share of AirBorne Express stories:

1. Maybe six or seven years ago, my aunt was buying me a computer game for my birthday. I lived in this tiny little town, 35 people max. AE was supposed to deliver it and get a signature. Instead, apparently, the delivery guy was in a rush and couldn't find our house, just asked someone on the street where the residence of my last name was and signed for the package himself, leaving the box in the rain. Problem was, the people in the house had the same last name but weren't related and were out of town in any case. Took us a long time to figure that one out.

2. This summer, I was at home in the same small town. I was getting my new 12 inch and a printer-the printer came AE and the Powerbook FedEx(thank god). The printer was shipped two days before the computer, but arrived the day after. One of the two signs that marked the street I lived on had blown down. The person from FedEx figured it out in no time, said "Well, I saw the hill so I figured this must be Hillcrest Dr." The AE guy wandered around for 10 minutes, which is a dang long time in a town this size, then ended up calling on a cell phone for directions. He did not follow directions very well.

4. iindigo macrumors 6502a

iindigo

Eeek :eek: I glanced at the title and thought it said, "Airport Extreme still SUCKS!!!!" :p

Airborne Express has always worked well for me, although UPS is my favorite by far...

5. iindigo macrumors 6502a

iindigo

I agree with that - FedEx sux more than a vacuum cleaner the size of the moon!

6. cubist macrumors 68020

FedEx stories

I paid extra for two-day shipping via FedEx for a SCSI-III adapter (a little part) and it took 6 days to arrive. I called to complain, and they were unapologetic.

My Cube's CPU upgrade came FedEx Ground. It took an entire MONTH to get here.

I've heard numerous UPS and USPS stories too. Since USPS has been misdelivering mail in Sterling so much, I've switched to UPS. They've been doing a pretty good job so far.

7. radhak macrumors regular

Loved Airborne

Like i posted last month, i had the greatest experience with Airborne, the only time i used them.
    they picked up my order (my first iMac) from ohio on friday 9.30 pm, and delivered it next day, saturday before noon!! and for the thrill i got seeing this sexy little machine arriving unexpectedly early, i would have hugged that guy ;)

all this for just $26, where fedex would have taken $130 for the overnight delivery on a saturday.

maybe i got lucky, but i had to speak for them here; i thought i owed them one :D

anyway, what happened to you? sometimes venting makes it better :)

8. SpaceyGirl macrumors newbie

Hahahahaha good to know I'm not the only one not fond of Airborne.

Last month, my hubby was waiting for some important documents, we weren't sure if the company was sending it FedEx or Airborne. Anyway, I asked a relative of mine to stay over and wait for it for us...she waited up until 5:30 and headed home. Well I got home at 6:30pm and our "important" documents were delivery by Airborne...this is how they delivered:

They left the envelope outside right by the buzzers to all the apartments...easy enough for anyone to take. I was so annoyed. Granted we were fortunate that none of our shady neighbors took it but you know they needed a signature...and they probably didn't get one from us.

To say the least...I know I want my packages as soon as I can get my hands on them but not at the risk of having it left for all the world to drool and pondered stealing it.

FedEx and UPS are much more reliable here.