Airborne Shipping

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by latergator116, Nov 28, 2003.

1. latergator116 macrumors 68000

latergator116

Hi, I just got a refurbished iBook with a broken internal charger. So, I called up Apple and to get a box and Airborne Expresss picked it up the computer today (Friday.) I was wondering how long it usually takes to get it back and also what kind of shipping they use. Also, when they return it do I need to sign for it? Thanks.

2. puffmarvin macrumors member

i believe all their stuff is overnighted by airborne. i was quoted 5-7 days at the repair center but it only took 4... who knows

3. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

Yeah applecare warranties are overnighted, so it will be there by the next day or at the latest the following. I've had repairs take anywhere from one day (received repaired and shipped out all in one day) and some that take up to two weeks because of holidays and weird weeks like between xmas and new years so its up in the air... I don't think they call it an internal charger, a better term is a powerboard ..

4. ethernet76 macrumors 6502a

I sent in my iPod. Sent it in on Wednesday, got it back Saturday. Airborne rocks.

5. latergator116 thread starter macrumors 68000

latergator116

Yeah I sent one thing Airborne once and it was very speedy, but I wasnt sure about this time since it is right after Thanksgiving. So do you think I will get it Monday?

Ok. thanks. I wasnt realy sure what to call it and I had hard time explaining it to Apple.

EDIT: Kwyjibo, did you have to sign for the package when they returned it or did they leave it at your doorstep. I just wanted to know because with Fedex we always seem to miss them because no one is home.

6. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

Yes you will almost always have to sign for it unless theres a shady driver, also expect thep akcage before noon, because thats how airbornes overnight works. I have had a few times when they just left it, thankfully my mom was home from work that day and she was wlaking the dog and brought the ibook in promptly. So yes you'll have ot sign ...

7. latergator116 thread starter macrumors 68000

latergator116

hmm...I went to Airborne's website and they said that from Providence, RI to Nashville,TN sent out on Friday th 28th would get there monday december 1st. that seems a little off. hopefully it will get there sooner.

8. ethernet76 macrumors 6502a

I didn't have to sign for mine, however since I lived in an apartment(small building), they ducked it right inside the door.