Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cire1244

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 8, 2008
Hi all - new to the Apple TV universe and troubleshooting it. I have an ATV3 that had been working well, and recognizing my computer's iTunes library through home sharing. No problems at all for the past week or so.

Then I downloaded Airfoil so that I could stream Spotify and other programs to my TV's speakers. I also installed the 'instant on' feature in Airfoil. I'm unsure what that feature actually did, but it seemed somewhat major since it had me restart my computer.

Airplay still works fine though, and I'm able to stream music from iTunes to Apple TV, as well as project my computer screen to my TV. So network connectivity doesn't seem like the problem, I think.

Has anyone else had this problem, or any ideas on how to resolve it? I should also mention that it is *possible* that the issue is unrelated to Airfoil, and that issue is coincidental.

Thanks!

cire1244

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 8, 2008
Alright, issue resolved. Unplugged/replugged Apple TV and it works now. No idea what the problem was, but glad that Airfoil wasn't it! Sorry, I should have tried this before posting.

Legios

macrumors regular
Jan 19, 2012
I was going to tell you to unplug the ATV and let it cycle back on. Since it worked ill take credit for it. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.