Airplane Mode Battery Drain?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by RaZaK, Dec 8, 2008.

1. macrumors regular

Jul 13, 2008
    My apologies in advance if this topic has already been posted and discussed ad nauseam, and yes, forum regulars, I did search before posting.

I am overseas and didn't want to take a chance with getting a big AT&T bill this month. So, I'm leaving my iPhone on Airplane Mode.

I noticed that my battery seems to be at half power at the end of the day even if I may have only played music for 2 hours, max.

Should I be concerned about this? The hard drive is almost completely full (~15 GB), but that shouldn't be the cause of the battery drain, right?

Is this something I should get looked at by the Apple Store when I get back home?:eek:
  2. thread starter macrumors regular

Jul 13, 2008
    Some additional info

my iPhone 3G is on the default brightness settings, and I do occasionally look at pix of friends and family back home throughout the day. However, that doesn't happen for extend periods of time.

Most of the day, the iPhone is in my pocket doing nothing.
  3. macrumors 6502a

Jun 23, 2007
    While in airplane mode, I get crazy battery life. Just today I went to charge my phone. 7 1/2 hours (mostly music, some wifi internet) and 3 days standbye. I had only used about 25-35% of the battery.

If it's draining that fast one you, its most likely because of a app that didn't close properly and is running amock, and hogging resources and draining your battery.

A simply restart will take care of it. Happens to me too every once in a while.

Actually, it's good habit to turn off/on the phone at least once a day to help prevent those runaway apps.
  4. macrumors 6502a

Sep 6, 2008
    Toronto, Ontario
    you could try calibrating the battery meter as well,
    i think there are specific instructions on how to do it somewhere on these forums