AirPlay in Mavericks?

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by CTay, Jun 12, 2013.

1. macrumors member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, I have a mid 2009 Macbook Pro and I haven't been able to take advantage of airplaying my Mac desktop to my apple TV . Yes, I know of all the 3rd party apps that do this but Its really not somethhing that is THAT important enough to go purchase somewhere. Has anyone heard if this will be changed in Mavericks? Website doesn't show the disclamer like it did on mountain lion so I am curious if something changed?.

2. macrumors 6502

From my understanding, Mavericks will still depend upon the hardware support being in the CPU. I don't expect previous models to begin working in this version either. Sorry :(

3. macrumors 6502

try air parrot

4. macrumors 65816

lunaoso

It's all a hardware limitation. No OSX update will add airplay mirroring on older devices because of this. The only way that Apple would be able to do it would be by using an Airparrot type of solution, but I don't see this happening due to the lagging it would cause.

5. macrumors 68000

Don't tell the hacks at gizmodo that the actually have to look up hardware functionality :)

6. macrumors 6502a

Nope

I have a 13-inch, Mid 2009 MacBook Pro running Mavericks and no airplay. I use Airparrot - works ok most of the time.

7. macrumors 601

Didn't anybody read? He said NO THIRD PARTY.