Airplay Lag?

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by cdavis11, Nov 22, 2010.

1. macrumors regular

Aug 31, 2009
    Anyone seeing the photo sharing lag times? I'm able to show the first photo after initiating airplay of a photo on my iphone, but flipping through the album seldom works well. It is extremely laggy.

LAN in my home is very good - dual band airport extreme with 5Ghz N and 2.4Ghz running b/g/n. Connections are all good, movies run to two aTV 2s just fine, as do photos when shared normally via home sharing.

I want to like Airplay, but I have to say that it's been disappointing so far.
  2. macrumors member

Feb 11, 2008
    I too have noticed a lag. I also tried a slideshow and it was strange. A photo would stay on the screen for a normal amount of time (say 2 or 3 seconds) and then the next photo is on the screen for barely a blink of an eye. Then back to normal for the next photo and then 3 in a row that would barely stay on the screen.
  3. macrumors newbie

Feb 10, 2009
    Very serious lag

Airplay was working great on iPad last night. I noticed one laggy photo but as I swiped but wrote it off as an anomaly.

I upgraded my iPhone today and tried it and it's just unusable. The first photo shows up. Then I *might* get a couple of more swipes in before the Apple TV becomes totally unresponsive.