AirPlay Mirroring Issues.. Help!!

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by theactor19, Nov 12, 2012.

1. macrumors newbie

So I have the lasted Apple TV, and Macbook Air. Whenever I do airplay mirroring with anything, it plays extremely choppy. Its not smooth at all, the video skips a lot, and its pretty much unwatchable. I'm not even watching 1080p, just regular avi's, mp4s, youtube, etc. On my Iphone5, it plays youtube smoothly no problem it seems. Please help as I'm about ready to throw my appletv out the window.

thanks

2. macrumors 68040

zhenya

Airplay mirroring in OSx is not optimized for video streaming. With a very robust network setup, it may work acceptably, but for the vast majority of users, I'd suggest finding an alternate solution.

3. macrumors 601

U have to manually optimize ur WIFI. This topic is discussed quite often, please look at past threads on the subject.

4. thread starter macrumors newbie

what does that even mean?

5. macrumors regular

Apparently there is a way to prioritize Video on your WiFi so that it takes precedence over all other traffic. This way you can ensure you don't get interruptions which would cause the Mirroring to be choppy.

I haven't done this so I don't know how it's done, but I believe that it what the user is referring to.

6. thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh awesome. Can you link me to some instructions on how to do this?

thanks