Airpod? I'd buy one

Discussion in 'Community' started by sjjordan, Jun 7, 2004.

1. sjjordan macrumors 6502

So, what do you think about the possibility of an upcoming "Airpod", a HDless music device that's basically a screen and a battery with 802.11g capability, so you can stream music directly to your ears while you're mobile?

I think it could happen. It's not nearly as functional as the ipods, but it'd be pretty cheap to make. For those who hang around the house, office, or dorm room...it's not a bad idea.

2. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

not really useful because the average person who has a wireless network in their home probably has a laptop so they could just plug in a headphone to their computer .... plus people who are doing stuff wouldn't want to worry about losing a signal or things like that (if you were in a yard with your airpod on the signal might get lost)

3. sjjordan thread starter macrumors 6502

But people can't carry their laptop around while they're working at home. No one wants to sit back and relax with their laptop cooking on their lap. I'd be cheap and mobile.

4. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

it wouldn't be cheap and it wouldn't be that mobile. you still need the interface to allow you to select songs (ap express is driven by the computer a playlist or party shuffle at best) and its not mobile because its within a limited range .. plus the battery and you need an existing wireless network.