Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Slevin

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 1, 2007
New York
My wife and I both were able to get AirPods and when we leave them on the kitchen counter we get confused as to which one belongs to who. Is there a skin or silicone case available for the AirPods that I cN get so we can differentiate between the two?

edlex

macrumors 68020
Apr 14, 2010
Miami
My wife and I both were able to get AirPods and when we leave them on the kitchen counter we get confused as to which one belongs to who. Is there a skin or silicone case available for the AirPods that I cN get so we can differentiate between the two?

I wish they had a skin with some kind of lanyard attachment point so the case doesn't get lost in my pocket. I'm sure someone will be making them soon if they're not available already.

tekchic

macrumors 68020
Apr 19, 2010
Phoenix, AZ

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Stickers are fine but I'd like some kind of sleeve with a split ring attached to tie a lanyard to or put on a key chain.

I know this isn't what your looking for, but Spigen makes an attachment for the Airpods for around the neck or what have you. Might be useful if you running or near a body of water.

Reactions: edlex

edlex

macrumors 68020
Apr 14, 2010
Miami
I know this isn't what your looking for, but Spigen makes an attachment for the Airpods for around the neck or what have you. Might be useful if you running or near a body of water.

Ok so I looked and what they have is the straps for the actual airpods. What I'm looking for is a sleeve for the charging case that allows me to attach a lanyard to the case or clip them to my key chain or belt loop.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Ok so I looked and what they have is the straps for the actual airpods. What I'm looking for is a sleeve for the charging case that allows me to attach a lanyard to the case or clip them to my key chain or belt loop.

I didn't think this what you were looking for. But a suggestion rather. I plan on picking up the strap when my Airpods arrive.

edlex

macrumors 68020
Apr 14, 2010
Miami
I didn't think this what you were looking for. But a suggestion rather. I plan on picking up the strap when my Airpods arrive.

Once I get mine delivered today I'll know if they fall out of my ear or not. I'll definitely get the straps if they pop out! Thanks again.

oftheheavens

macrumors 68000
Jul 9, 2008
cherry point

I'll check it out. Thanks!

I got this in the mail launch day along with my AirPods and truthfully haven't done anything but take it out of the box. I went long boarding with the AirPods today and didn't have any problems at all falling out, even when doing slides and such that can bring you to an abrupt halt. So, I will mainly be using this spigen dealie for snowboarding trips. I tend to fall and slide on the mountain losing articles of clothing on the way down so I figured if they are connected to each other they will be easier to track down. Also my helmet has a little clip on it that I tend to try to feed the spigen through since I don't use it for my goggles. It is the quality you would expect from spigen and does exactly what it says for a decent amount I am just surprised that these things stay in so well.

More on topic, it would be nice to be able to put a design skin on the battery case instead of just the leftover white MacBook scrap look lol.

Traverse

macrumors 604
Mar 11, 2013
Here
I'd love for a small market of these. I'd like to make my AIrPod box a little less bland than a small white box.

Reactions: maliu

AlliFlowers

macrumors 601
Jan 1, 2011
L.A. (Lower Alabama)
IMG_3944.JPG
Home brew.

Reactions: ulinerg
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.