Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

omgitscro

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 12, 2008
I was listening to music on just one AirPod, and suddenly my iPhone (7 Plus on the latest iOS) stopped connecting to my AirPods.

I discovered that placing the left AirPod in the case will make it show a green status light. Placing the right AirPod will show the white blinking status light. Placing both will also show the white blinking light. This is because I tried to unpair the AirPods (from the Bluetooth menu) and repair them.

It seems that one AirPod still has the Bluetooth configuration from my iPhone, and the other one doesn't.

Does anyone have a solution? Putting both AirPods in the case and holding the button until I get the amber light hasn't helped. Pressing the button while only having one AirPod (either one) in the case does nothing.

I have tried pairing the AirPods to a different device with Bluetooth, but they do not show up.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
I was listening to music on just one AirPod, and suddenly my iPhone (7 Plus on the latest iOS) stopped connecting to my AirPods.

I discovered that placing the left AirPod in the case will make it show a green status light. Placing the right AirPod will show the white blinking status light. Placing both will also show the white blinking light. This is because I tried to unpair the AirPods (from the Bluetooth menu) and repair them.

It seems that one AirPod still has the Bluetooth configuration from my iPhone, and the other one doesn't.

Does anyone have a solution? Putting both AirPods in the case and holding the button until I get the amber light hasn't helped. Pressing the button while only having one AirPod (either one) in the case does nothing.

I have tried pairing the AirPods to a different device with Bluetooth, but they do not show up.

You tried going to Bluetooth settings and clicking forget device and repairing?

omgitscro

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 12, 2008
You tried going to Bluetooth settings and clicking forget device and repairing?

Yes; unfortunately, I think that's what caused only one AirPod to unpair.

I'm happy to report that after leaving them alone in the case for a few (stressful) minutes, and subsequently holding the button for about half a minute with the case *closed* with my iPhone's Bluetooth off, the left AirPod magically forgot the old pairing and I was able to re-pair. Happily back to listening. Hope this incantation will help anyone else who was unfortunate enough to encounter this issue.

Thanks for the suggestion though! Happy holidays.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.