AIRPORT AIRPORT AIRPORT!!!

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by jbrown, Sep 23, 2004.

1. jbrown macrumors 6502a

jbrown

Airport Problem

I have a Powerbook Alu 1.25. I can see my airport network at home, and the other day in a waiting room at an office I could see their local airport network, log onto it, and access the web. But in the local coffee shop near my house where I like to get my coffee fix, read my paperwork and surf the web, I have suddenly become unable to log onto their wireless network. I used to hook up and surf no problem.

My computer ' sees' the network, and asks me if I wont to log on to it, but when I say yes, tells me theres an ' error '. Its still listed in the drop down menu from the top bar, but all the signal strength bars are grey. I can see it using MacStumbler or Kismac - but can't log on to it. But it does tell me the channel is 6 ( was wondering if this was the problem - maybe they changed the channel ).

Any ideas or fixes -

Thanks

2. JOD8FY macrumors 6502a

JOD8FY

I'd ask one of the shopkeepers about it. Maybe they've changed something. Maybe they've put a password on it or are starting to charge for it. I can't think of any other explanations.

Good luck,
    JOD8FY

3. Ryan1524 macrumors 65816

Ryan1524