Airport and Battery no longer show, CPU and Ram running at max

Discussion in 'Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) Discussion' started by Honortgoat, Mar 13, 2005.

1. Honortgoat macrumors newbie

Aug 20, 2003
    Sierra Foothills, California
    I just purchased a new 15" 1.5 Ghz combo drive PB on Friday and all was running relatively smoothly (besides a dead pixel) until a few minutes ago. The PB now indicates that I do not have a battery nor a airport card installed. The CPU is constantly maxed with the only open application being the Activity Monitor. 526 MB of ram also near full usage.

Just prior to this happening, I installed Content Barrier and restarted as prompted. After restarting and before noticing a problem I tried to pair my BT mouse using the setup assistant. After that I received a deluge (100s?) of processes named "blued." The processes stopped showing up in as active once I turned off my already pair BT keyboard.

Currently, the active processes are: pmTool; Activity Monitor; cupsd; crashedreporterd; WindowServer; notifyd; syslogd; mach_init; and kernel_task. These processes only add up to <25% of CPU usage with the Kernel task seeming to be running highest at 10-14%. The system is using 70-80% of the CPU. The airport and battery no longer showup and now that I've turned off the bluetooth, it will no let me turn it back on.

Any thoughts?

My PB also no longer recognizes the combo drive.
  2. dsharits macrumors 68000

Jun 19, 2004
    The People's Republic of America
    Call Apple. You should not have anything like his happening, especially not this early.