AirPort automatically connect

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by dreamsINdigital, Sep 17, 2006.

1. dreamsINdigital macrumors 6502

How can I get the AirPort to automatically connect to my network? In the network preferences, I have it set to 'by default, automatically join preferred networks' and my network is the only one on the list at the bottom. However, it still doesn't seem to automatically connect and I have to do it myself through the menu bar. Maybe I'm not waiting long enough though, but I was under the impression that the connection would be near instant. My network is protected by WPA2 Personal, could that have anything to do with it?

Thanks

2. 4np macrumors 6502a

4np

I have had this issue as well and with me it was caused by the fact that I had multiple keychain entries for the same access point (due to reconfiguration of my Airport Express and PowerBook) so my PB didn't 'know' which keychain entry to use for my access point....

To fix this make sure you know your WPA2 password; open 'keychain access' and delete all entries of your access point. In case you did forgot your password you can see what passwords are stored in your keychain for your wireless access point (click 'show password' for each item).

When done, try to connect to your wireless access point again, enter the correct password, save it in your keychain and you're done.

When rebooting, awaking from sleep, etc... you will always join your network automatically from now on.

Good luck :)

3. dreamsINdigital thread starter macrumors 6502

4. 4np macrumors 6502a

4np

np; happy surfing ;)

5. nl2134 macrumors member

Thanks A LOT! I have been searching for an answer to this for a long, long awhile