Airport Base Extreme w/modem Starting to show in stores...

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by sandro, Feb 6, 2003.

1. sandro macrumors member

After looking and waiting to get my hands on an Airport Base Station Extreme with Modem, finally I called the Apple store here in the Bay Area and they received 2 units that morning, so I went right over and got mine!!!!, only the broadband without the modem is available, online stores says they should be getting them by next monday and CompUSA says they should get them this weekend. It is sweet!!! I'm using it right now and I even got my printer connected to the base and it works perfectly, even though Apple says it should not work, I have an Epson 740 and according to apple's compatibility page only the 740i would work among others, but I guess the 740 and 740i are vertually the same.

2. BJNY macrumors regular

What are the possible uses of the built-in modem?
    Airport Newbie Billy

3. sandro thread starter macrumors member

Well, you see I can't yet afford DSL or something like that so I still use a dial modem to get online and i wanted to do it wirelessly, so I had to get the more expensive base station, cause the other one is only for broadband users, but this one will allow me to use my modem now and when I upgrade to DSL I can still use it for that. and also, by having a modem on the base, it will alow you to call from across town and be able to access your mac wirelessly and retreive files remotely, very cool!!